Service Manual

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Service Manual

Postby scott964 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:47 am

I saw in some earlier posts that there is an electronic version of the service manual for the 1000s, but all the links listed seem inactive.
Could someone point to a good location or post it up somewhere again and let me know.

Also if anyone has a copy of the OEM manual that came with the bike, I would be interested in getting my hands on one of those as well.

I have the parts manual and pricing info from Grahams (Thank you Ian!)

Thank you
And have a great weekend!
Scott
USA
scott964

Re: Service Manual

Postby epigonen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am

I've got 1000S with CD-ROM including service manual(Repair manual)& parts list pdf file.
PA020398.JPG

Sorry,I don't know well about uploading..... :cry:
epigonen

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Scott,I also have a CD
I haven't even put it in my laptop and looked at it yet.I'm sure I can copy it to a folder and dump it to a blank disc for you.

As far as the Manual mine came in German.I at least have the pictures to look at. :D

Anyone multilingual that would trade an English manual for the German one I have ??
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:43 am

epigonen wrote:I've got 1000S with CD-ROM including service manual(Repair manual)& parts list pdf file.
PA020398.JPG

Sorry,I don't know well about uploading..... :cry:

Welcome,what part of the world do you live epigonen
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby cam » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Guys - anyone wanting a pdf copy of the 1000s service manual pm me with your email and I'll gladly forward you a copy or at least try. Its a bit large at 52.3MB
Cam :-)
cam

Postby scott964 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Iceman..... if you can cut me a copy that would be greatly appreciated!
I can send you over a prepaid mailer to ship it out in.... let me know.

Scott
scott964

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Scott,
I'll do it this weekend and send it to you don't worry about the post just pm me where to send it.
I'll copy it Sunday and can drop it in the mail on Monday morning.

Are you getting excited or what... :D Whats the ETA ? Scott was that picture hardcore or what. :D It scared me a little ,went up for a few pictures and almost got caught.they would have found me frozen to death,moto perfect, rider not so much.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby scott964 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:05 pm

I'll get the info over to you...... and yeah, big time hard core..... better man than I am, I rode dirt bikes in the snow when I was 20.... Nov is my cut off point now. And 20 degrees is your cut off. I'm second guessing it at 40.
That was seriously crazy, are you running standard tires??
I would have spent most of my time sliding on it's side, over the embankment only to be found in the spring! :-D

ETA on the MZ is the 10th or 11th.... being picked up Sat morning.
Very excited.... hoping to get some last min rides in on it.
Scott
scott964

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm not sure if I posted this here,but I sent it to Scott and told him I try to ride as long as I can and as long as the roads are clear.

Last edited by iceman on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:48 pm

scott964 wrote:I'll get the info over to you...... and yeah, big time hard core..... better man than I am, I rode dirt bikes in the snow when I was 20.... Nov is my cut off point now. And 20 degrees is your cut off. I'm second guessing it at 40.
That was seriously crazy, are you running standard tires??
I would have spent most of my time sliding on it's side, over the embankment only to be found in the spring! :-D

ETA on the MZ is the 10th or 11th.... being picked up Sat morning.
Very excited.... hoping to get some last min rides in on it.
Scott

Dam,you have at least a month of fun on your MZ 1000
I know it doesn't seem like it but I predict an Indian summer...Eventually :D no special tires and like I said that was a hairy moment.I went from sunny and clear at 30 degrees sea level up the mountain for pictures at 2,500 ft and it got real bad real quick.But I got the pictures... :mrgreen:
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Scott,Watching the football game and grabbed my disc and It's also in German !
The doctor I got the bike from spoke German and English.I knew the hard copy was German but thought the CD was in English.So now I need a copy also.

Does anyone in the states have a CD in English ??? or know where to download one from.My CD shows the wiring diagram in English/French/German
John Lennon
iceman

Postby OSPRNG » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:11 pm

ahhh.. where would you guys be without me :D
luckily in my search for 125 sm materials i came across other mz docs

heres a mz 1000s repair manual from 2005
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cd9f ... f6e8ebb871
OSPRNG

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:46 pm

OSPRNG wrote:ahhh.. where would you guys be without me :D
luckily in my search for 125 sm materials i came across other mz docs

heres a mz 100s repair manual from 2005
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cd9f ... f6e8ebb871

Thanks very much,Exactly what I have only I can read it now. :D I love the net for bringing people and ideas oh and information together.Thanks again OSPRNG. :smt032
John Lennon
iceman

Postby scott964 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:39 am

Just wanted to thank Iceman, David Thompson, OSPRNG for the service manual and Cam for the parts list.
Greatly appreciated..... and I can't express my thanks enough for everyone that has answered my newbie questions and concerns... expressed their opinions and thoughts as I was working up to purchasing a MZ.
Without all of that..... I would have passed on a great machine.

If any of you are riding or find yourself riding in Upstate NY and need a place to park, a place to wrench ( I have a fairly well stocked garage and bike lift) or someone to show you some great local twisty roads..... PLEASE let me know.
Great group and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Scott
scott964

Postby Eriol » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 am

Hi everyone,
I have an MZ 1000SF, and I'm from Hungary. Unfortunately there aren't any MZ service in my country, so I try to repair my bike myself, and I really appreciate, if someone could send me a service manual for my MZ. It would be a big help for me.
Safe road to everyone! :)
Eriol

Next

Return to 1000S