2005 1000s

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

2005 1000s

Postby dave_tat » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:19 am

Hi, My name is Dave I live between The Uk and Michigan I recently bought a MZ 1000s with 9000 miles on the clock, this last visit I started the bike and the engine warning light came on, all oil levels are spot on, so can only assume its the ecu where can I get a service in the Detroit or Michigan area, any information or self checks anyone can reccomend will be appreciated.
Dave
dave_tat

Re: 2005 1000s

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:33 pm

when you get back in the uk you need to check with the fellows at
http://www.grahamsmotorcycles.com

may want to see if they know of a fault code reader that you can buy with out breaking the bank
dave

and welcome to the site ..enjoy
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby GED » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm

was the bike hesitant when turning over..did it feel like the battery was not fully charged ,this happened to me last winter,seems as if the battery is not 100 percent chrged then it somhow messes up the ecu it causes a fault light to come on and it was also setting my clock to zero,if it isnt a serious fault then it will dissapear after a number of engine start ups ,,,,as sugested get hold of a obd 2 fault code reader,ps nice to hear of another lancastrian :D
GED

Postby dave_tat » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Ged :smt006<
Not really, normally fires up on 2nd stroke, only prob Ive had was a wet plug that was shorting out, probably over zealous washing, trying to clean out sacrificial flies from the rad, took it on about a 100 mile run, ran like a dream, then went on a job for a couple of months, and when I started the bike the engine light came on, only done about 10 miles since, so will try it out Monday and see if any different, have got a 16tooth front and a 45 rear maybe change tomorrow, see what difference that makes, just nervous with electronic things, miss carbs and magnetos I'll give you a call when I get back, maybe buy you a beer, not a promise just a thought :oops:
Dave
dave_tat

Postby GED » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:02 pm

if the bikes runing ok then i wouldnt worry to much,as i said the ecu has a learning /self diagnosis mode,and if your problem is a minor error of some type ie a glitch the ecu will clear the fault after a few start up /warm up cycles,when ur back in the north west give me a call and illl pop round with me lap top and fault code interface , :wink: ,ps the mz IS A REALLY WELL MADE BIKE the more you read about them the more youll appreciate the design and engineering that went into them,apart from the bloody pencil coils :evil:
GED

Postby iceman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:15 pm

GED wrote:if the bikes runing ok then i wouldnt worry to much,as i said the ecu has a learning /self diagnosis mode,and if your problem is a minor error of some type ie a glitch the ecu will clear the fault after a few start up /warm up cycles,when ur back in the north west give me a call and illl pop round with me lap top and fault code interface , :wink: ,ps the mz IS A REALLY WELL MADE BIKE the more you read about them the more youll appreciate the design and engineering that went into them,apart from the bloody pencil coils :evil:

GED,what pipes are you using they look nice and would look nice on my SF. :D

Dave, how many passports do you have ? :shock:
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby dave_tat » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 am

Ged, thanks for the info, will cdrtainly call you when I get back but dont think you need to bring your lap top the bike lives in michigan,cable might be too long :shock: Ice man in answer to how many passports I have, not quite enough but working on it :twisted:
Dave
dave_tat

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 am

Dave,
just so I understand a britt.living in Michigan on his way to China,do you work undercover for the crown. :D MI6 ?
Last edited by iceman on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby GED » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:44 am

iceman wrote:
GED wrote:if the bikes runing ok then i wouldnt worry to much,as i said the ecu has a learning /self diagnosis mode,and if your problem is a minor error of some type ie a glitch the ecu will clear the fault after a few start up /warm up cycles,when ur back in the north west give me a call and illl pop round with me lap top and fault code interface , :wink: ,ps the mz IS A REALLY WELL MADE BIKE the more you read about them the more youll appreciate the design and engineering that went into them,apart from the bloody pencil coils :evil:

GED,what pipes are you using they look nice and would look nice on my SF. :D

Dave, how many passports do you have ? :shock:
there micron carbon race pipes [no baffles]
GED

Return to 1000S