Saying hello and a brief intro

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Saying hello and a brief intro

Postby dave_tat » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 am

Hi,
My name is Dave, I am English live in Clinton twp Mi and Chorley Lancshire UK, I am 67 going on 25, cannot ride a bike that does not give you back ache, wrist ache, or that you can appreciate the scenery, have owned most quick bike from a Brough Superior, NSU quickly this last bit was really hard write if we ever meet I will deny the NSU my favourite was a toss up between a 58 BSA 500 Goldie prepared by Geoff Chub of Banbury [color=#FF0000]Sorry it was john Chub of Taylor Dows[/color] senilty sucks and a 1938 Velocette KTT 350 allegedly came 3rd in the 1948 Isle of Man TT ridden by Freddie Frith. Did a bit of mechanicing for Dave Holden on his Worms/Yamaha outfit.I currently own a Kawasaki ZX 600 easy to ride but lacks something, and a MZ 1000s, harder to ride around town but quick outside, and am seriously thinking of changing the front and rear sprockets. I have realised I am not as quick as I used to be, probably suffering from Juvenile senility. I posted a request for help any suggestions would be a great help.
Dave
Last edited by dave_tat on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dave_tat

Re: Saying hello and a brief intro

Postby iceman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Dave,
Wow bi-continental :D lots of good info one post down viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3800

How often do you get back to the UK ? Where did you pick up your bike,what state ?
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby dave_tat » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Iceman,
Nice to meet you although on email, I am basically a cross between an albatross and a nomad,I am in China next week for 10 days then return to the Uk on 24th Nov, Be back after Christmas,
Dave
dave_tat

Postby boilermaker » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Dave
You admit to owning a Gold Star and you think the MZ is a bit difficult around town!?
boilermaker

Postby dave_tat » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi Boilermaker :smt006 , I see your point, but there is a 48 year time warp between the two, and unfortunately a lot of blown away braincells :lol:
dave
dave_tat

Postby johnny2tents » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:54 am

Hi Dave,
Are yes the DBD34 Goldie with the RRT2 box makes the 1000s almost like a twist and go by comparison!!
I used to have to slip the clutch until 23/30 mph in bottom gear and change into 2nd at 60/70 on my mine back at the Saltbox Cafe, Biggin Hill, Kent, all those years ago.
Anyway when you are in Chorley next we could maybe meet up at Rivington Barn (Horwich) on a Sunday.
Regards J2T
johnny2tents

Postby dave_tat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 am

J2T johnny,
There was always something about the goldie, mine was the small barrel 10tt9 carb, the sound on the overrun was and in my mind never bettered, an ankle breaker, but a real bike, To Ged and all who gave suggestions on my problem, thanks, blasted it yesterday on a quickish run out, nice weather but cool, and low and behold after a stop to refuel the light shone no more, bike even seemed to run better, and sweeter, maybe me, never ever got to Biggin hill used to mate with a lad from Dagenham, I was stationed at Sandhurst, in 1960-61 and we used to go to the Ace cafe on the odd occasion, and the green man in Essex, anyhow thanks for all your help
Dave
dave_tat

Return to 1000S