Took a look at the airbox today

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Took a look at the airbox today

Postby iceman » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

tomtom wrote:next project should be to make a mould of the front fairing as i'm sure they cost a fortune, the screen alone is about £80 sterling. It's easier to make copies before they get smashed or damaged.

I just got a new screen from ebay.It's not an MZ screen but I think it will be even better.I should have it on next week and I'll post pictures.

I just have to carefully drill those six holes without damaging the new screen.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 pm

tomtom wrote:next project should be to make a mould of the front fairing as i'm sure they cost a fortune, the screen alone is about £80 sterling. It's easier to make copies before they get smashed or damaged.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby tomtom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 pm

So what's the screen from? and how many cuts did you make

Does it make a difference
tomtom

Postby iceman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Tomtom,here's the screen.The second one I bought from this seller as they are cheap money.It's a lot like the screen on the MZ1000 S about 4 inches higher than the SF,so a lot more protection.
No cutting at all just drilled the holes from the original.It took about 30 minutes.He always list them.The first one I put on my 2007 919 hornet and liked it so much that I ordered another one and decided to see if it would fit on the MZ and it fit perfect.Here is the first one I ordered for my 919 .

http://stores.ebay.com/BIKEPARTSOUTLET_ ... mit=Search Check it out ships worldwide at that price get 5 at once
John Lennon
iceman

Postby tomtom » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:10 pm

tried the link but it failed

I take it that it was a screen for a 2002 to 2006 honda vfr?
nearest i could see was this link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CH24D-Windscreen-for-Honda-VFR-800-VTEC-VFR800-02-08_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9ccdee77QQitemZ320458321527QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Am i close :-D
tomtom

Postby iceman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Tomtom,this was the listing I bought.As you can see he buys out Moto stores that close.the one I posted last night he had up had 8 days remaining,someone must have bought it.He has a lot of these and puts them up a couple at a time to create a demand as opposed to listing 10 at once.He tries to create a biding war.
He's a great seller,I've bought 5 things from him/them.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=
John Lennon
iceman

Previous

Return to 1000S