Miss on right piston??

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Miss on right piston??

Postby johnny2tents » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Ged is 100% right IMHO, and the 'new ECU software' is possibly an ST map or later S map to remedy some of the sub 3000 rpm drive train backlash/snatch on standard gearing. This remapping activity was certainly going on in 2007 to my knowledge. Carrying a spare pencil coil and relays as per Boilermakers original advice is also a good policy. Cheers J2T
johnny2tents

Postby TheQK1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 am

The guy from MZ here in SA says he has a software update, new software, will ask him as I'm taking the bike there today. Maybe he can check for an error code?

Regards
Werner
TheQK1

Postby TheQK1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 am

Thanks all :D

I took the bike to Suzuki; they fixed the prob. and over charged me for re connecting of some wire.

After this the ECU warning light stayed on and after connecting the ECU to the FR2000 it was re set and all 100% again. During this process I however noticed some moisture in the one spark plug and will assume that this was caused due to the miss fire on the piston, due to the loose wire, and not a problem with the piston rings (mentioned in the service manual). I will however again check this after a few KM just to make sure all is OK.

Regards
Werner
TheQK1

Previous

Return to 1000S