She's got to go (sadly)

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

She's got to go (sadly)

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Fri May 21, 2010 11:01 am

For Sale:

General Info
MZ 1000 S
May 2006 - one owner from new
20K miles
MOT until 1 Apr 2011.
Taxed until Aug 2010
Price: I'm open to any reasonable offer. Really.
Questions/pictures/whatever: principe@fastmail.fm

Reason for sale

I've got two bikes, the MZ and a Yamaha Fz6, and less time than I once had to ride them. I can't neither afford nor justify keeping both, and one of them has to go. The MZ is my summer-only toy, while the Yamaha can be used in winter too. For riding pleasure and involvement there is no contest, but the Yamaha is more versatile, and I really can't keep a bike like the MZ that I will be able to use only very occasionally.

History:

Serviced by Gardner & White, all receipts available. Last service done on May 8th, including:

new oil and air filter
new brake pads front/back
Valve clearances
New spark plugs
New footpeg rubber bushes
Change oil in forks.

The bike wears Continental Sport Attack tyres. The front was changed at 15500 miles, while the rear went in at 18600 miles (because of a puncture).

I crashed the bike during a track day at Rockingham in August 2007, when it was on 10700 miles. A lot of cosmetic damage, but it remained structurally intact. I have replaced all the damaged parts, and since then I have ridden it for a further 9000 miles, including trips to the Ring and Cadwell Park.

At 6000 miles the exhaust cracked just ahead of the right catalyzer. I had it welded, and it has not given me any problems since. Pictures are available, of course.

Other stuff

The bike comes with gsg-mototechnik crash pads, and it's geared with a 16/43 sprocket set. Everything else is standard.
My average consumption is between 9 and 10 miles per litre.
IlPrincipeBrutto

Return to 1000S