Starting problems

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Starting problems

Postby zedhead » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I fitted the 150 amp solenoid which I bought off ebay and........the battery is knackered. I had fully charged it with my Optimate but it hardly turned the engine. I am now waiting for a new Yuasa battery.

One thing I could check was to see if the parking lights came on with the brake light and the engine not running - they still do, with the daylight headlamp relay in or out. Naturally, the lights were turned off at the handlebar! I believe Cam's bike does the same thing. Anybody else?

Zed
zedhead

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Zed,

zedhead wrote:Hi all, I've been having a few starting problems with my 1000ST, which were usually characterised by the engine failing to turn over and '0354' showing on the display.

my bike did the same to me, a couple of years ago. It left me stranded a mile off the Nurburgring entrance (the whole trip ruined), but decided to fire up again a few hours later, when the rescue van turned up. Talk about being embarassed.
Graham suggested a hard reset, namely to disconnect the batter and then connect it again.

It did it again after the following winter, and at that point I bought a new, bigger battery (a YUASA).
Since then, I've had no more starting problems.
Hope this helps,

IPB
IlPrincipeBrutto

Postby Eriol » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:22 am

Hi there,
I have a 1000SF, and I come across this error code 2 times so far (after winter, at first start). We used an ecu multitool to read and delete the error at the first time, and in my case it meant Low Battery Voltage. So a fully loaded battery or a bigger one should fix the problem.
I wish wide road to all of you! :)
Eriol

Previous

Return to 1000S