My 1000S is on sale on eBay

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

My 1000S is on sale on eBay

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:32 am

Good morning everyone, ....this bike has SOLD.....

just to let people know that my MZ 1000 S is on sale on eBay.
No reserve price.

here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 918wt_1139

ride Safe.

IPB

PS
this post also appears in the "for Sale section"
IlPrincipeBrutto

Re: My 1000S is on sale on eBay

Postby iceman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:57 am

If the bike were only 8,000 miles closer I would have bid higher.

2006 MZ 1000 S SILVER
Item condition: Used
Ended: 24 Dec, 201022:07:18 GMT
Winning bid: £2,222.22 = 3,420.26 USD

2,222.22 GBP = 3,420.26 USD view GBP/USD chart
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.53912 USD 1 USD = 0.649723 GBP
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby LWS66 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:33 pm

And that amount is probably what the insurance companies here in the states would give you if it were a write off in an accident or, when hell freezes over.....an MZ 1000 was stolen! :smt005
LWS66

Postby iceman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:20 pm

LWS66 wrote:And that amount is probably what the insurance companies here in the states would give you if it were a write off in an accident or, when hell freezes over.....an MZ 1000 was stolen! :smt005

I agree but there are a few out there and have been for a year and a half trying to get $6,0000.(to no avail)

Progressive has mine listed as an S model cause they don't show any sf in the country.Watch something happen and they deny me even though they assigned it the S designation...just my luck Their policy doesn't match my V I N :shock:
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby LWS66 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes I'm aware of that, about the same for Benelli (which I have one of -TNT) They don't sell it seems at any price. Hell of a great price now to snag either brand, but you gotta be willing to take it to your grave I think! Oh yes, I have progressive also, not too impressed as they jacked up my rates when I bought the Benelli. Long story, but a crock...they can do as they please it seems, keep charging high rates 5 years into ownership, as if it were new....when you call them out on it they all of a sudden lower the rates to what they should have been years ago!! And State farm doe'nt even know what they are so they quopte outrageous boutique bike rates. :evil:
LWS66

Postby boilermaker » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:50 am

Iceman/LWS
We have a similar problem of insurance company non-recognition over here "an MZ? what is that, a Honda MZ or a Suzuki MZ? " I usually tell them that we are talking about a product of what was the second oldest motorcycle manufacturer in the world! and to class it the same as a Ducati 1000 ST and they seem agreeable. As to the value of the machine then I think Lorin is right about the "take it to the grave" bit as my middle son already has his eye on it!
boilermaker

Postby LWS66 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:57 am

To be clear, I still love my MZ. No desire whatsoever to want out from it. It's now paid for, has'nt let me down, it's well engineered, really is a great handling bike, sounds good (although I'm liking the idea of a slightly smaller diameter headpipe 2 into 1 exhuast with no cat, and straight thru silencer...and may one day pull the head and do some porting among other enhancements just for the heck of it) have'nt seen another one in my region yet, still looks new and gets plenty of attention. So in fact I probably will have it till I take the eternal dirt nap!!......what other choice is there??!!!
Screw the insurance company! :lol:
LWS66

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:47 am

had lots of fun getting mine titled in West Virginia
all 3 of them
and lots of fun getting insurance company to understand what they are
and meet lots of riders that have no idea what they are
some having rode many years longer than i have ...
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby iceman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:32 pm

LWS66 wrote:To be clear, I still love my MZ. No desire whatsoever to want out from it. It's now paid for, has'nt let me down, it's well engineered, really is a great handling bike, sounds good (although I'm liking the idea of a slightly smaller diameter headpipe 2 into 1 exhuast with no cat, and straight thru silencer...and may one day pull the head and do some porting among other enhancements just for the heck of it) have'nt seen another one in my region yet, still looks new and gets plenty of attention. So in fact I probably will have it till I take the eternal dirt nap!!......what other choice is there??!!!
Screw the insurance company! :lol:

I agree,I love it.The last ride I had picked up a job about 90 miles away and took the MZ with my tools in a tank bag.
It was a weekday and traffic light on the interstate which I don't usually use.
Anyway I was hitting speeds of 125 as the cops lost a lot of their hiding spots when the leaves dropped.I had a blast but it sure goes threw gas at those speeds.But the adrenalin rush was worth every cent.I would have lost my licenses at those speeds double the speed limit is automatic impound and a trip to jail. I didn't care it was so much of a rush !! I don't usually ride like this but felt like playing the odds that day. :D The bike is a great value for the money and solid as a rock.At some point if I see one like this one that just sold I would probably pick one up as a spare and it would be a little different as an S model.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am

Hello everyone,

the bike is still with me.
The account it was advertised on belongs to a friend of mine.
I didn't think this would be an issue, but I was wrong.
I got in touch with the highest bidder, and I informed him first thing about the situation.
He started making excuses about "provenance issues" and stuff.
I suppose he is within his rights, as the ad did not specify that the owner of the bike was different from the owner of the bike.
Anyway, highest bidder not interested, others I tried to contact but did not bother to reply.
Hence, the bike is still with me.

I knew it would be hard to sell, but I did not imagine it would be this hard.

Ride Safe,

IPB
IlPrincipeBrutto

Postby LWS66 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:43 am

I think in the case of these bikes, Ebay is for when you want to absolutely dump it......or flat give it away, and even then it's questionable. Mostly you'll get idiots who only want to bid then ignore you, it always happens on vehicle auctions for some reason....dic hed wankers having fun screwing with your auction, getting some psychological thrill from pretending they're really gonna buy a motorcycle, that's as close as they'll ever get to getting a bike!!! No telling who they are, probably some panty wearing scared of the wife twat! Finding a "serious buyer" on Ebay is rare. Put it in the local papers, trader listings or post flyers at some Euro MC shops. Your looking for that one serious buyer, might take quite awhile, but at least when you get a phone call, you know your more than likely dealing with a serious buyer.....
LWS66

Postby dave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:42 pm

IPB, you still got it? sent you a PM.
dave

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi LWS66

LWS66 wrote:I think in the case of these bikes, Ebay is for when you want to absolutely dump it...or flat give it away

well,in a sense I wanted to give it away. I feel towards the bike as I imagine I woudl feel towards a good dog.
It's been the most involving bike I've ever had, and the most rewarding. It has also been one of the most infuriating, but I can forgive her for this. I loved riding it, she has a magic ability to smooth the road and make you feel like you are going slower than you actually are. I'm sure modern bike like a Fireblade do that, and more, and better, but have never ridden one of those; besides, no other bike gives you that warm realisation that you are riding something very rare, almost unique.

Now I see her sitting under my window, without any significant mileage to speak of since a long time ago. It's a pain for me to think about what she could do, and be aware that I don't have the time to take her out and let her off the leash a bit. There's so much potential under that cover, such a big strong heart, and the most I can do is takign her to the garage for some petrol and back.
I can't afford to keep her, and she doesn't deserve this.
I just hope to find a good home for her, and give her to someone who will ride her the way she deserves to be ridden.

Make no mistakes, it will be a wrench to see the bike go. Even more so, it will be bad to realise I'm also leaving a peculiar community within the bikers world.

But I've made my mind up. I hope when the day comes to say her goodbye, it will be quick.

IPB
IlPrincipeBrutto

Postby iceman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:33 pm

I really wish you lived here in North America.

I'm sure shipping would be at least $1,000 to the US... :roll:
John Lennon
iceman

Postby IlPrincipeBrutto » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 am

iceman wrote:I really wish you lived here in North America.

I suppose you include Canada, in which case I agree, I would not mind living there.

:-)

IPB
IlPrincipeBrutto

Next

Return to 1000S