test

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

test

Postby robiedubois » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:24 pm

test
Last edited by robiedubois on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robiedubois

Re: Hello I'm a new 1000sf mz rider

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

its called "charge light" by some people but in English there can be several names for the same thing

check the water level in your battery charge it and also load test it
the charge lamp tells that battery may have a problem or may mean something else is wrong.

if it has set or been stored for a time .the battery may be weak

TELL US WHAT languages you speak others on here may also speak your language and be able to help...

dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby boilermaker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:56 am

Robie
You do not say if you are a French, German, or Italian speaker. As Mr Thompson says we have a variety of language speakers on this site (not much use for my Arabic). As to your problem I would buy a cheap fault code reader (80 Euros) and use it to both find your fault and cancel the warning light. I have one, and the list of generic fault code numbers can be found in the handbook and MZ specific ones can be found in the MZ manual.
boilermaker

Postby robiedubois » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks to ans me so quickly.

Actualy I'm french, so like the most of my fellow Citizen I just speak French :D

In fact I had some problems with my battery, I have just changed it, and it s better with the new one, but don't perfect. Now with your informtations I asking myself if My MZ haven't a probleme of charging battery, like regulator or alternator.

I should get a fault code reader.

I'm going to read again with more acurate the topics which talk about fault code reader.

Tks
V

Rob'
robiedubois

Postby boilermaker » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Msr Dubois
The standard Leclanche/Pile/Batterie fitted by the MZ factory has only a marginal capacity and unless the machine is used on a regular basis then starting can be a problem. If you intend to replace the Batterie then you should purchase the one with the highest "cold cranking Amperage" available. The fault code reader that I am using is a "MEMOSCAN U480" and was purchased on E-Bay for 50 euros. You should specify a handbook in French when ordering.
Bon Chance Mon Ami.
Ing. George Waite
ex Chaudronnier
boilermaker

Postby SlipperySam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 am

Another 1000 in France? Bienvenu!

We are on the dept. 37/86 border. Here's my SF having a rest in the village that was the NW corner of Vichy France during the war. The stone in the background with RF (Republique Française for those who might be wondering) stamped on it was taken from the bridge across the Creuse that was blown up in 1940 to stop the germans getting their hands on the Bank of France's gold. The other side of the river Creuse only 200m from this spot was in occupied France.
SlipperySam

Return to 1000S