Where are these 1000S's hiding????

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Where are these 1000S's hiding????

Postby Speedy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:46 pm

OK...Hello to anyone out there, looks kinda dead here, but will give it a go regardless..... I'm in South Carolina and I'm looking for a quality dealer, either close or far....does'nt matter. I'm not getting involved with any of the listed lawnmower, :D tractor and supposed mz dealers!! I'm looking for a reputable motorcycle dealer that will be here down the road. Preferably a premeire MZ dealer. And are there any black ones available now? Any leads/info would be appreciated. I must have something very very different! Thanks
Speedy

We are your kind of dealer!

Postby cdfisher » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:26 pm

Take a look at the posts in the 1000 forum. We are an active sponsor of the LRace.com team currently in 3rd place in the WERA Heavyweight Superbike class. We chose MZ as our signature brand and after 1 year, we feel we have made the right decision. MZ has a great deal of growing to do in the US dealer network, but we are at the very top in customer service and satisfaction for all our brands. We have a FactoryPro Dynamometer (as well as one of the first Dynojets) and my partner Dan Prindle has over 30 years in the tuning and performance rebuild business and is probably the only dealer mechanic besides the raceteam to have had a 1000S side cases off the bike (we just wanted to have a look at one of the EPA test mules that passed through our shop). We are working on getting performance exhausts and mods for the MZ. For instance, removing the airbox cover results in 6 true horsepower to the rear wheel.

We have 2 Black and 1 Silver and would very much like to talk about shipping your new MZ to you very soon.

Call me after 3:30 PM (Central timezone) on Monday and we can talk more. Or send me your phone number through a private message and I will call you.

Sincerely,
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby dnevill » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:51 am

For informational purposes, Logan's Motorcycles just down the street from me here in Mesa, AZ have 2 or 3 1000S's I see in the showroom every time I'm down there.

But, as Curtis's place is much closer to you, *and* Curtis is highly active here on the boards, I'd definitely recommend you go with his place.
dnevill

Postby JoeKher » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:22 am

Detroit Eurocycles have a black and a silver right now. They are top level Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/KTM dealers, so I am sure that they will give the MZ all the respect it deserves.

I rode a demo 1000s at their open house and WOW :shock: ! What a nice bike, but I am happy with the Baggy for now :D !
JoeKher

Postby DarthRider » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:34 pm

I love my 1000S but don't expect to get a whole lot of support from dealers in the United States should the need arise. I have yet to find a dealer in the United States that knows anything useful about my bike. Maybe there are one or two out there but I have yet to find one. However there are parts suppliers in Europe that can provide you with parts. Chances are after you a buy a 1000S the dealer will want to forget you and fast because s/he doesn't want to do the research to help keep you on 2, doesn't have the special tools, or any familarity whatsoever with the bike. It's a shame the MZ North America parts distribution took a flying leap but all is not lost because ordering parts from Europe if anything is more pleasurable and easy than any parts suppliers I have dealt with in the States. I am just fed up with the ridiculous mark ups and lack of service I got when I spent half an afternoon trying to land an oil filter from a long list of MZ dealers that were dumbfounded when I asked them about getting parts for my bike. These were listed authorized MZ dealers that didn't even know what a 1000S is. Trying to get a dealer in the US to source a part for you is a lot like pulling teeth - it's brutal. Don't let that deter you from the experience though because the bike is awesome! http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk is the saviour in my situation. They got you covered should you need parts support.
DarthRider

Postby LWS66 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:12 am

There is a German MZ-KTM dealer http://www.mz-faber.de that has a good bit of aftermarket items(exhausts, dress-up items, polished rims, etc, etc) but I e-mailed them and they replied "No speak english"!! They also are doing performance tuning. And there is also a guy in Germany that makes some very nice looking carbon fiber pieces (rear hugger, chainguard, license bracket, countershaft sprocket cover, and front fender) We need access to this aftermarket, it is'nt happening here........I guess I will need that Rosetta Stone German Language course after-all if I intend on getting anywhere! :smt114
LWS66

Postby DarthRider » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:10 pm

I took a few classes in high school but should have stuck with it later. Hehe. I definitely want to look into a new exhaust system in the future if I can save some money. I had no idea anyone made carbon fiber for the MZ1000S.
DarthRider

Postby LWS66 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:26 pm

Curtis at Mid America Powersports has a carbon fiber cans HMF system available (I believe you have to have a slight bend done on each mid pipe, but no big deal. I've seen the system on another 1000S, heard it on the track too...looks very nice, and sounds damn good, very powerful sound thats not obnoxious. I ended up going with a "Sebring Twister" system....direct from manufacturer for 611.60 Euro (about $750, but had to wire money into their bank account.......my bank charged a $40 wire fee so the system actually cost $790......Ouch!! I learned about Curtis's option afterwards, but I'm happy with it too as you can remove the baffles and have straight thru flow (need a power commander and re-map for that as it's too lean, so the baffles stay in for now) It too sounds damn good especially on the boil! Screams....."Howls" is more like it!
LWS66

Postby cdfisher » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks for the plug. The system can be heard under a dyno run at mapsp.com and the price is very reasonable. We include instructions and the right standoff and hardware for the install. It moved the HP to over 100 True HP at the rear wheel (118 DJHP) and sounds like nothing else. Call Don at the shop for more info.
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby DarthRider » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:44 pm

I was thinking of that Sebring Titanium slip on system just to shed the weight. I heard differing opinions on the Sebring pipes and I don't have money yet for that but I would like to shed weight on the cans. YOur sating you have to bend your header pipes for the other system? What kind of tool do you need?
DarthRider

Postby cdfisher » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:28 pm

Click on:

http://mapsp.com/content/TechnicalPaper ... nstall.pdf

to learn everything that is involved. These cans weigh less than 5 lbs each. This whole setup is superior to the Sebrings in HP and sound. View the dyno run on our web site. The Sebrings on another bike were about 1.5 HP lower, cost more, and have a less massive sound than these. I have heard them both.

Some people have cut the pipe further from the stock can at a straighter angle (this lessens the amount of bending involved), but that changes the distance from the start of the exhaust-can in relation to the exhaust valves. Unless you have an eddy current dyno and the ability to change your FI map, I would advise against doing that. Also, the power will be affected. How much? Don't know... Could be better, could be worse.

We approach these mods as you would any R&D project, measure twice, cut once, and set your baseline data before begining. It works for us!

Sincerely,
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby DarthRider » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:22 pm

Well If I had a dealer near me that has done it a few times like you guys have I'd definitely want that setup. I bet you could really feel the weight difference with those lighter cans! I can't afford a new system yet but in the future I definitely want to upgrade. Sounds trick! What do you guys do with the airbox? Do you replace some of the heavier duty bolts that MZ uses with titanium bolts?
DarthRider

Postby cdfisher » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:16 pm

The airbox just has the cover removed. We haven't tried to put the bike on a diet. Lighter wheels would be the first thing, not bolts. Save those for the last 3 lbs you need to trim off, because they'll cost almost as much.

You can't afford not to buy this setup. If you would like, I will send you this install as soon as I recieve your stock cans with the mid pipes (and your payment, of course) . You pay shipping and that's it! Free labor, what more could you ask for?

Bolt 'em on and feel the power!
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby LWS66 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:10 pm

Are you saying: send the stock pipes to you and pay all related shipping costs to and fro and you send the HMF setup??? If so, that is a killer offer...Too good to be true! I must be misunderestimating!! Someone better jump on that! :shock:
LWS66

Postby cdfisher » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:45 pm

Yep, that's what I'm saying. Free labor. Now.
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Return to 1000S