1000S Demonstrators in London/SouthEast UK

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

1000S Demonstrators in London/SouthEast UK

Postby whysub01 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:41 pm

Considering one of these-already had a KTM 950 SM and a BM Rockster demo rides ( a day each too).

Can't find anyone with a 1000S demo bike I can try for more than a brief 10 minute spin-which is no good to evaluate fully before spending this much money.

Anyone know who has a demo bike?
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby cdfisher » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:19 am

If you want to come to our dealership, I'd let you take one for a day ride!

The plane ticket might be a little steep however :D
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby whysub01 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:33 pm

Thanks-but just a little too far for the day!!!
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby LWS66 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Heck, You don't need no stinkin' test ride!! Just go buy one! You only live once! :shock:
Seriously,
I read just about all the reviews out there (all favorable reviews by the way) and the clincher was a review in Motorcycle Consumer News (January 2005). The characteristics of the bike that the many reviews note are very accurate. Keep that in mind. There are no surprises. The bike has loads of character. I could have bought anything within that price range........Japanese death machines(GSXR etc,) Speed Triple, Guzzi V11...and so on.
I went with the MZ.... Glad I did. And with no test ride. Absolutely no regrets at all. I honestly can say I don't look at it or ride it thinking "I wish this were different or that was'nt like that".... I am the envy of many at work and riding buddies! More than just another motorcycle..... excellent handling, unique, powerful, distinctive, fast, very cool, you name it.:-D
LWS66

Postby whysub01 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Ibought my Baggi (new) without ever riding one, but glad i did.

As I said, I have tried a BM Rockster (not bad, but shaft drive and gearbox not to my liking), the KTM Superduke (but too pricey) and a TL/V-Strom (no thank you). Not ridden a parallel twin for donkeys years, so just want to "feel" one.

But I think that I will buy one, but now I like the look of the SF. Not worried about the lack of a fairing.

Are any coming onto the second hand market? How are prices holding up? Shall i wait a year and buy a used, modded one? Decisions, decisions :D
whysub01

Postby perryboy23 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:53 pm

Motorcycles 4 less in sandy in bedfordshire have a demo model, and i will be ordering the limited edition version tomorrow fingers crossed.
perryboy23

Return to 1000S