Members Only Sale

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Members Only Sale

Postby cdfisher » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:31 am

If you belong to this forum with a registered email address, you can buy an MZ1000S from us right now for $10K OTD (out the door). I have to clear the remaining inventory to make way for 06 models. I will deliver free within a 400 mile radius from Kansas City. Call Duane at 816-777-1785 for details.

I have this running for 1 week exclusively on this forum. You folks are the backbone of MZ support here in the US, and I want you to have the first shot at this great deal.
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby phlat65 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:46 pm

I wish I was in the market..... that is one sexy machine :-D
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Re: Members Only Sale

Postby witttom » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:21 pm

cdfisher wrote:If you belong to this forum with a registered email address, you can buy an MZ1000S from us right now for $10K OTD (out the door). I have to clear the remaining inventory to make way for 06 models. I will deliver free within a 400 mile radius from Kansas City. Call Duane at 816-777-1785 for details.

I have this running for 1 week exclusively on this forum. You folks are the backbone of MZ support here in the US, and I want you to have the first shot at this great deal.

Would love to own one of these, but I think my body would be better suited to a 1000ST rather than the "S". :-D

BTW... I found it somewhat amuzing that on your website (http://www.mapsp.com), the 1000S is displayed as a mirrored image in at least two places that I noticed.
Tom Witt
78 Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer
86 Honda Elite 250
98 MZ Baghira 660
99 Triumph Trophy 1200
01 MZ Skorpion 660 Traveller (Sold)
02 MZ 125SM StreetMoto (Sold)
02 Triumph Speed Four
05 Yamaha Grizzly 660
witttom

Postby Uberkraut » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:03 pm

If there was a dealer here to ride one, I may take your offer... :(
Uberkraut

Sounds like a GREAT deal.

Postby KRAUTBURNER » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:59 pm

cdfisher,

Thanks for the offer, sounds like a great deal. However, I too, think the 1000ST would be a better fit for my riding style and needs. Have you received any details on this new model yet? Do you know when it will be available?
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!
KRAUTBURNER

Postby cdfisher » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:19 am

I'm unsure of when it will be available, however I know I will not be ordering any until these 05's are gone.

Thanks,

Curtis
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby KRAUTBURNER » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:24 pm

cdfisher,

I would be interested in an '05 S model, if you could add the items to the bike to make it a ST model. Do you know when those items will be available?

THX!
KRAUTBURNER

Postby cdfisher » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:13 am

I'll look into it, but the cost could be prohibitive. Have you rode an S yet?
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

'05 1000S or '06 1000ST

Postby KRAUTBURNER » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:06 pm

Unfortunately, I have not seen or ridden the MZ 1000S. I am a member of our armed forces and currently deployed to the middle east in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM. Right now, I'm scheduled to return to the states within the next 40 days, and hope to pick up a new bike. During my deployment overseas, I have read a lot about this new bike and feel that it may be exactly what I'm looking for, especially the ST model. However, I might be interested in the '05 model if I knew the new '06 hard bags and passenger seat would fit the bike for two up riding. I could always add the clip-ons and rear sets/pegs later if desired. BTW, is anyone making aftermarket parts for this bike yet in the states? Thanks for the help.
KRAUTBURNER

Postby cdfisher » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:10 pm

First, let me say thank you for serving all of us. Many who are born Americans haven't a clue about what hardships you and our other Armed Forces personnel go through every day to ensure our safety and well being. The sacrifices extraordinary men and women like yourself make every day minute to minute, all the while away from your loved ones and homeland… My generation and generations to come cannot repay you. We owe you many lives. Thank you.

The bike has not changed enough from ’05 to ’06 to worry about what will fit between the two years. All the parts from one year will work on another. We still have to get a bike down to M4 in Texas to create the exhausts for this bike, and until I sell some more of these, I’m not running one down for that to happen. I have 2 relatively inexpensive cans arriving next week (about $700 for both, remember there are two!) and we are going to cut the exhausts off at the mufflers and mount them. I’ll have a dyno run posted on our web site when we do. So the answer is, no, there is not much interest in the states for aftermarket vendors to build accessories specifically for the MZ 1000, but there are many fine accessories that would fit most bikes in the touring class, the MZ being one of them.

Again, I hope you can stop by and take a ride on your way back through to CA. I’m a native from Bakersfield (y’all) and I know what it’s like to be away from the mountains. That was the greatest thing about riding on the west coast, the geography. Stay safe and come home in one piece. I’ll let you have our demo for a day if you make it to our shop. it doesn’t matter if you buy from us or not, you’ll love the bike, and you deserve to ride the best. MZ is one of the finest bikes that nobody knows about and I just want to get the word out.

Sincerely,
Curtis Fisher
President
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby KRAUTBURNER » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:02 pm

cdfisher,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely interested in this new bike and can't wait to check one out. It appears the MZ forums in Germany are alive and well. Lots of discussions going on, and surprised by the volume of aftermarket parts available for the 1000S. I still think that I would prefer a ST. However, I recently heard that MZ has no plans to bring this model to the U.S. IMO, that would be a huge mistake. Especially, considering the number of available sport tourers in the U.S., I think the 1000ST would give bikes like the VFR800, Sprint ST, or Ducati ST3 a run for their money. Anyway, I'll be in touch upon my return. Thanks again for the info and assistance.
KRAUTBURNER

Postby LWS66 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:42 am

There is an excellent site for aftermarket as well as stock replacement parts in Germany called "MZ Faber" (in german of course) but do a yahoo search and you can link to it through the translation shown. Better than nothing, and if you speak and read German well then you've got it made!
They sell 3 (and counting) different exhausts, various carbon fiber parts, trick bits, modified air box covers, and so forth....plus many tips on these bikes. An excellent site. I contacted them in hopes someone there spoke english but no luck. There also is a guy over there that makes all sorts of carbon fiber parts on a per order basis.....will be looking into that also. Sourcing aftermarket parts from Europe looks to be the only option for awhile for us in the states :(

http://www.mz-faber.de
LWS66

Return to 1000S