Mz Ts 150 tuning

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Mz Ts 150 tuning

Postby Kling [DK] » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 am

Hi
I am currently working on trying to tune a Mz TS 150 engine for as much power as i can without having to add new ports. That means polishing the existing ports, maybe modify the shape of the ports, filing down the head for optimal compression, also giving it a expansion chamber exhaust and changing/upgrading the carburetor. This is where i need some help, i think the best way to get more power from the carburetor is to get another one but i have no idea about what would work best for a 2-stroke 150cc engine. Or is there some way i can optimize the existing carburetor. I know that by adding a new one i will most likely need to make a new intake flange but that is something i will just have to deal with. Is there anybody else who has tried to change the carburetor to get more flow and more power? And do you have any ideas to how other ways i also could optimize power? I live in Denmark so everything from blocks to carburetors is not in short supply if you have any idea for some destructive testing :D
Thank you
Best regards Mathias
(And sorry that im not the best at english, i hope you can still understand it :lol: )
Kling [DK]

Re: Mz Ts 150 tuning

Postby Puffs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:41 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby Kling [DK] » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 am

Hello Puffs
Thank for the reply. I think saying: maximum power was a mistake. Its more like a really nice driving engine (A.K.A. a wide(ish) power band) which still has plenty of punch. I think the best way to go on is to set a goal of some kind. I would like a fast revving and accelerating machine with maybe around 20 hp (I have seen someone on yt make 20kw on a ETZ 150 so therefore i think it should be realistic) and with most of the power in a higher rev range (preferably around the 6-8k rpm (right at the point where that sound of everything falling apart comes in :-D )). Also if i modify the ports wont that change the effect of adding a sport exhaust? Does that mean its better to change the ports and make a expansion chamber exhaust myself? Puffs you also mentioned that if you were to do this you would change piston, conrod etc. what parts am i looking for some from other brands or can i get custom made forged stuff? And as a last question can the ports be polished too much because also beeing a rotary engine fan i know that when polishing the intake ports too much can have bad effects because the rotary engine use the intake ports to mix the gas and air and if the ports are too smooth the gas and the air dont mix at all.
Best regards Mathias
Kling [DK]

Postby Puffs » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:49 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk