Replacing Speedo Cable

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Replacing Speedo Cable

Postby arthurf » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:57 am

G'day All,
Ok so I need as much help as I can get :) My 250 ETZ has a broken speedo cable, and I do not know how to get the top and bottom rubbers off to get at the cable into the Speedo. There is a small plate holding the edge of the bottom rubber - I have taken this off - but no real difference.
The outer rubbers do not seem to come off top or bottom. The speedo and the rubbers can be turned round - but that does not seem to do anything to help.
Your help appreciated.

And by the way I have sorted the ignition light problem - the coil in the Regulator had a problem with the bottom solder joint and there was an unreliable connection. Since the RHS of the Regulator has rubber mounting, I assume that the left should have been rubber mounted? In my defence I have not fiddled with this mounting, and must pass the buck to a previous owner. :)

Thanks in advance, Arthur
arthurf

Re: Replacing Speedo Cable

Postby Puffs » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:04 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk