251 stalling after a few miles

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: 251 stalling after a few miles

Postby Blurredman » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:16 am

Now that's interesting information thank you Chris W.

The thing is, I never set out to purposely buy carbon core lead, but I just found the colour appealing, and in the end it was only £1.90 for a meter delivered, so it's not like I paid much.

I did actually measure the resistence of the lead when I cut the ends off to get fresh core material when I was measuring the continuity of it in one of my previous posts. The resistence was only about 2.7k ohms. Now that might seem like a lot, and ideally it isn't required unless perhaps one does not want to use a 5k resistored cap, but even with the internal resistence of the HT lead included that I don't think would have an effect on running, so long as continuity was maintained (my issue in the first instance).

I've actually had a past problem with a HT cap on my Honda CX500 that was giving a resistence of 65k ohms, and other than a much harder/longer starting, and a slightly lumpy idle, it ran fairly well considering..

Perhaps the VAPE is different though in it's requirements and like I say, very interesting point Chris.
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Re: 251 stalling after a few miles

Postby Puffs » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:04 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Previous

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk