Baghira wiring loom

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira wiring loom

Postby Sue » Thu May 08, 2008 6:32 am

Been having major electrical problems with my '04 Baghira. Fix one problem and another occurs.
The wiring/connectors are in really poor condition. Over 20 breaks in just one wire! :shock: Would like to replace the whole wiring loom.. but have no idea where to get one from and if there is one off another bike suitable.

Been trawling the documentation and cant seem to find much to do with the loom - have the actual loom diagram, but no part number for it. Been having a fair bit of trouble getting hold of some parts - which take about 3 weeks to reach me from Germany. Seen the compatible parts list on here which is incredibly useful. :-D

Had thought of making up my own and changing it over myself... bit daunting though, I'm much happier working on circuit boards than bike wiring :? Any thoughts/suggestions welcome :-D

(I'm a novice when it's comes to bike repairs... but willing to learn fast :wink: )
Sue

Re: Baghira wiring loom

Postby rodge70 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:56 am

hi sue,try grahams motorcycles in taunton,bought my bike from them and they are very helpfull.if you can get the bike or loom to bristol i can sort out the wiring,though making a new loom is a bit time consuming to say the least it may be easier to remove all the sleeving and sort/repair whats allready there,pm with any questions.cheers
rodge70

Re: Baghira wiring loom

Postby Sue » Thu May 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks very much, will pm you :-D
Sue

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk