manual for 660 baghira

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

manual for 660 baghira

Postby ozzieowl » Sun May 18, 2008 1:25 am

i am having problems electrical evry time i press the starter switch it blows the 15 amp fuse i have tryied the battery i think its alright the 20amp fuse blows all the time even when the ignition is off if i could bypass straight to the starter motor which i dont no how to do i could start the bike and narrow it down from there if anyone as got a manual download it would help thanks john :cry:
ozzieowl

Re: manual for 660 baghira

Postby rodge70 » Sun May 18, 2008 5:49 am

if you use a pair of long nosed pliers and connect the two 10mm nuts together briefly that will turn engine over,you could run a live feed from bat + to one of the two wires that operate the soleniod also which basicaly by passes switch,you need to identify the switched live one first.away till monday pm so no wire dia to refer to at the mo,and cant remember what fuse does what,but will look when i get home,good luck.
rodge70

Re: manual for 660 baghira

Postby scout18 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:38 pm

You have a short circuit in your wire loom. you will need a good multimeter that will measure dc voltage I would recommend a digital read out type that will measure voltage and resistance at a minimum. These are fairly inexpensive these days. I think I bought one at the local chain auto parts store for 6 dollars. It was cheap but it worked. Once you you have one you can use it to find your short circuit. We already know that you have one and in which wire it is in. now you need to find which end it is on. I suspect that it is around the head stock as this is where the most strain is put on the wiring loom. The other place usual place is in the switch.
scout18

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk