Side Stand plug into loom?

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Side Stand plug into loom?

Postby sapperk9 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:03 pm

All fired up and ready to go, and into gear and stop!!

Hmmm.....

Appears to be the damn sidestand switch?

Put the Skorp onto centre stand, and short the side stand switch, and still no go?!

Follow the switch wires upstream and arrive at a disconnected connector! Aha, obvious fix, re-connect, no?

Yes, but into what? I cannot find its mother?

Where on the frame in the loom does the sidestand plug - plug??

Elp.....
"In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." - Galileo Galilei
sapperk9

Re: Side Stand plug into loom?

Postby sapperk9 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:40 am

Found the lil mutha!

It hides up alongside the air box, and unlike the sidestand end of the connector which is white/clear and therefore a mite easy to see, this tother half of connector that hides against the side of a black air box, is........you guessed it....BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day I'll meet a bike wiring designer, and then my quarter century of learning how to propel human body parts across the real estate at 8,000m/sec will all come into play, after I've masonry drilled his knee caps...

Cheers...
"In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." - Galileo Galilei
sapperk9

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:15 am

like i have said before ....the new guys that design bike electrical systems are making
JOE LUCAS look like he knew what he was doing :-D
dave

and his excellent refrigerators are why the ENGLISH drink warm beer :-D
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby silectric » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:35 am

What's wrong with warm beer?

Actually it is cellar temperature beer, which is not warm, but certainly not refrigerator cold.

As for the wiring loom. I had erratic running problems along with erratic indicators a while back. Did not connect the two at first but on checking the wiring diagram found there was a connection, around the side stand switch cable area.

Pulling and moving the loom to find the problem also cured the problem. Never found the actual problem, but loom was so tight I reckon the lossening eased what ever was making a bad contact apart. For good I hope.
silectric

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk