Front indicator wiring

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Front indicator wiring

Postby scholsey » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi, I am just changing the massive front indicators for a set of smaller ones on my 04 Baggy ... does anyone know why the bike has 3 wires, 1 Brown and 2 x black with white stripe yet the after market ones only have 2 wires !!!!!! how do I connect these up ? Hope you can help as I'm runnig out of fuses :D
scholsey

Re: Front indicator wiring

Postby CasterTroy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:24 am

It's so the dual filament bulbs can shine as running lights as well as signal lights. left side is different from right. Look on your diagram in the book, or pull it up under the 660 section here to figure out which 2 to twist together and it'll work fine
CasterTroy

Re: Front indicator wiring

Postby scholsey » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 am

CasterTroy wrote:It's so the dual filament bulbs can shine as running lights as well as signal lights. left side is different from right. Look on your diagram in the book, or pull it up under the 660 section here to figure out which 2 to twist together and it'll work fine

Many thanks, so I have joined the 2 x Black and white strip and it seems to work fine both indicator and idiot lights .... only thing now is this leaves 1 wire from the new unit and the brown from the bike not used ...... should I connect these together ? it does not change anything or should I just tape them off as not used ? Andy
scholsey

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk