TS 250/1 Rear Mirrors

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

TS 250/1 Rear Mirrors

Postby AlanJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:45 am

Hi All, For those that have helped with the refurb to the old TS "Thank you so much" The old sole is now on the road again, that's me not the bike. The bikes fine, passed its MOT etc, GREAT!!!. Anyway on the way to the MOT station I realised the rear view mirrors were not wide enough on the bars and could see sweet nothing behind. The trouble is that to push the right one far enough outboard the darn choke lever is in the way, so, short of drilling and tapping another 5mm hole and I don't like drilling holes in the bars not sure quite what to do, I have looked at putting it on the speedo brocket but I thought I would give you guys five pennyworth to see what you would do or have done.
Take care all Alan
AlanJ

Re: TS 250/1 Rear Mirrors

Postby JohnP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 am

Why not fit bar end mirrors, I bought a cheap one at Kempton Park for about a tenner and its fine, but I am not using MZ throttle....John P
JohnP

Postby AlanJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:45 am

Hi John, Yes I have thought about that one, but I am using MZ throttle. The other idea I had was using the brake and clutch pivot screw location, the only trouble is there is a thread to pivot on doing that. Mind you writing this it has just occurred to me I could put some small tubes over the threaded part. I'll give that some more thought Thanks for your post John, it gave me a shove in the right direction again. Wish you well take care Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:54 am

Hi all, Finally got my mirror problem sorted. I drilled out the indicator switch fixing to take M5 and put some cold weld acrylic under the choke lever and bolted it in position and let it cure overnight. Now, the lever just intrudes over the twist grip a little but if it is too much I will remove 5 mill off it, no problem. I am now waiting for an alloy waterproof watch, only about a fiver from Ebay to cover the original hole in the bar. All sorted, No worries mate.
Take care all Alan.
AlanJ

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk