Gators/suspension protection *Baghira*

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Gators/suspension protection *Baghira*

Postby Baggy_Mike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 am

I saw a photo of a Baghira with gators on the front forks, I’ve also seen the product ‘Shock Sox’ but you can’t seem to get them in the UK?
What do other people use on their Baghira’s to save the forks from pitting etc?
Baggy_Mike

Re: Gators/suspension protection *Baghira*

Postby Baggy_Mike » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:20 am

Bump?
Baggy_Mike

Postby MSW » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Most Baggies I've seen that have fork guards (including mine) have the factory accessory plastic guards, like these (which is not my bike):

Fork Guard.JPG

Acerbis (among others, I'm sure) made a neoprene fork gaiter. I believe that they've stopped making them, since so many new bikes have USD forks, but it appears that they're still available, at least in Europe:

https://www.maciag-offroad.com/acerbis-fork-gaiters-neoprene-black-36-5-cm-sid1747.html

Don't know anything about that seller, but that seems like about the going rate for fork gaiters.
MSW
2005 Black Panther

I like my beer like I like my women: cold, dark, and bitter.
MSW

Postby Baggy_Mike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am

MSW wrote:Most Baggies I've seen that have fork guards (including mine) have the factory accessory plastic guards, like these (which is not my bike):

Fork Guard.JPG

Acerbis (among others, I'm sure) made a neoprene fork gaiter. I believe that they've stopped making them, since so many new bikes have USD forks, but it appears that they're still available, at least in Europe:

https://www.maciag-offroad.com/acerbis-fork-gaiters-neoprene-black-36-5-cm-sid1747.html

Don't know anything about that seller, but that seems like about the going rate for fork gaiters.

Thanks for the response, I can't quite make out how the protectors work on that photo.
Appreciate the link, I'll take a look...
Baggy_Mike

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk