1998 Mz se vac hose route

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

1998 Mz se vac hose route

Postby Dennisly » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:51 am

Dennis Liebrecht here,in Ocala,Florida,USA .Working on friends mz, been sitting,clean carb,run rich,choke has free play.vac lines have been altered.From vac hose pic,lines 7 & 9 should be connected,cannot find vac valve as in pic.If I apply vac to line 7 runs better,but I have no vac supply from line 9,should I ? Vac hose pic does not show where vac port on left carb boot goes to .Dennis
Dennisly

Re: 1998 Mz se vac hose route

Postby Retired1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi Dennis, I'm a newby here too and trying to figure my way around these things too. My '02 has a carbon can and a solenoid on it. The can collects crank and carb vapor and seems to purge through a small line going to a vac fitting on the left carb. The hose connects to a diaphram valve on the side of the carb and I surmise in only opens under certain conditions such as moderately open throttle so it purges the cannister. On my bike the solenoid valve only opens when the ign. is on and connects to the floatbowl vents. That is probably to reduce evaporative emissions when the bike is parked. If the float level is OK I'd have a look at the bowl vents and make sure the pilot circuit is clear, mine was plugged at the adj screw and the port behind the slide. The idle screw was way up so it was pulling fuel through the needle jet. Oh for a simple SS1 or PHB right?
Retired1

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk