Help Please, Electrical Shortages, Baghira

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Help Please, Electrical Shortages, Baghira

Postby Jessegkg » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 am

Hello all
disclaimer, im a novice in repair and even more so in electrical, but had felt that what i was doing was absolutely in my skillsets...
Ive just given a thorough clean to my carb for my 2003 baghira, after the hassle of finally getting it back into the frame and correctly hooked to air filter tubes, putting everything back together then pressing the ignition (the key turns on the lights and everything) the bike shorts and no power to be found. What I initially found was the main fuse (15A) was popping, every time that ignition was pressed, but then looked at all the other fuses and there was the 20Amp fuse busted too. So then i figured thats what was shorting the 15A fuse (right/wrong?). The 20, though, was shorting every time a replacement fuse was even minimally introduced to its slot. The odd thing was the battery zapped and sparked when I carefully was re connecting the positive. I am very unclear as to what this might mean in terms of the wiring overall, but have a hint that some friction on a harness from removing and installing my carb (its a hell of a tight fit) might have frayed some wires that i cant see, causing the battery to spark and the 20amp fuse to short.
anyone got any tips to go about this?
thank you very much in advance.
Jessegkg

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk