MZ Silver Star Saxon left switch block with turn horn pass

Vehicles equipped with the 500 cc Rotax engine

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ Silver Star Saxon left switch block with turn horn pass

Postby cycomoto » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:11 pm

I am looking for a left switchblock for my 1994 Silver Star Classic. The 'flash-to-pass' is broken and I either need to repair it of replace the entire switch housing. Anyone know by whom it is made? Or have an extra lying around? Broken is fine as long as the button is intact and I can remove it. Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards, Von
Atlanta, GA
cycomoto

Re: MZ Silver Star Saxon left switch block with turn horn pa

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:11 am

summit racing lists a K&S unit that should work

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ksi-12-0040/

be carful and get the wires correct

dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby ralf » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Do you really need the flash function, is it a legal requirement in the US? I find them as much a confusion and therefore danger as of much benefit. I have a 500R and if it's the same switch they are quite primitive inside and a good spray with an electrical cleaner might do the trick and a check of the wiring connections is always beneficial. It's easy to jump to the replacement option rather than look for the easy and simple solution first, I know, I've done it lots of times, thrown away good money on a new part where for the sake of a bit of time and application you might make it work.
Good luck.
Riding it is much more fun than polishing it.
ralf

Postby cycomoto » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Actually, I would like to repair my current switchblock. The orange flash-to-pass button has broken and I would like to replace it. The rest of the switch housing is fine. So if anyone has an old switch block that I can take apart for the orange button I would very much appreciate it. Or, if someone knows what other models may have used the same switchblock perhaps I can find one on eBay. MZ/MuZ must have sourced the switch from another manufacturer. The turn signals themselves are from a Moto Guzzi. It seems that a lot of Italian and German parts made their way onto the Silver Star Classic. Thanks for your help.
cycomoto

Return to 500 cc