Saxon Country 500/Tour 500 shared parts

Vehicles equipped with the 500 cc Rotax engine

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Saxon Country 500/Tour 500 shared parts

Postby nikitino » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm the guy who just wrecked the 1995 Saxon Country 500 (see sad day post in main lobby).....just saw the post though about the Tour 500 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcyc ... otohosting......I was thinking of getting this bike and using it to rebuild my country as i prefer the Country style....anyone know what parts are different on these bikes besides obvious stuff like fairings and wheels etc......are the frames the same? Could i basically just put a country suspension and the plastic bits onto this Tour for sale and havemy my beloved Country back? advice apreciated......Also, the engine looks to be a different color, is this just the color of the casing (pretty sure they have exact same engine but could be wrong)? thanx....
nikitino

Re: Saxon Country 500/Tour 500 shared parts

Postby iceman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 pm

If you look at both bikes they sure look the same.
As MZ never had the biggest lineup of bike models i would guess they are the same frame, motor even down to that hard ass seat ! Boy seats were not an MZ specialty.They should have outsourced the seats also. :D
You could call these guys and they would know. http://www.bikeworx.com/ Look at all the other models the same baghira/mastif ,Scorpion what flavor you want ? plastic or no plastic.I would bet except small things like black motor different plastic you are looking at the same bike,just look at the way it sits.They both sit the same,but just call bikework and find out for sure.Just change out the wheels and you have your bike back good luck.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Re: Saxon Country 500/Tour 500 shared parts

Postby iceman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Here you go the 500 Countour :D
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Return to 500 cc