Front Brake parts

Vehicles equipped with the 500 cc Rotax engine

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Front Brake parts

Postby Nozz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:41 am

Howdy folks. I have been off the bike since last summer due to brake problems. I replaced my Front Caliper with NOS from Cuba but I still have loss of line pressure. Should I start with a new brake line, handle/master cylinder, or both? Are either of these somewhat available as a match to another bike? Getting spring fever and am ready to get back into it. Thanks!
Nozz

Re: Front Brake parts

Postby 95SaxonTour » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 pm

I remember I had a hard time building pressure on my brakes when I rebuilt them a while back. It took a while of pumping the brakes before I got anything. You may want to try a mityvac, I bought one about a year ago and it works great for jobs like this.

I've never tried them myself, but a lot of folks are replacing the beed nipple with an easy-bleed type. It has a one way valve built into it.
95SaxonTour

Re: Front Brake parts

Postby den » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 pm

hi , i use a standard test for the quality of the brake lines if there rubber hoses,, just get a pal to sit on the bike and press hard repeatedly on the brake and watch the hose ,,, see if it swells ,,if it does then its old and your loosing brake line pressure in the hose and will need replacing
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Return to 500 cc