Silver Star center (centre) stand

Vehicles equipped with the 500 cc Rotax engine

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Silver Star center (centre) stand

Postby ekirtz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:11 pm

My Silver Star Gespann came with the center stand removed, but I have it, and the springs, and of course it looks completely unused. I want to reinstall it, there are a lot of service procedures in which it would be very handy, to say the least!

Does anyone have a parts blowup of this section of the bike, and/or could send pictures of theirs? I'm confident I can figure it out, but a picture would be very helpful and probably save me some frustration/time/admitting that I'm not as clever as I think, and I want to know if I am missing anything and/or have all cotter pins/washers, what have you in the right places.

AND depending on country of origin of responses, I promise to refer to the stand as either "center" or "centre". As someone who is both "merican" and "canajan" I'm always a little torn. If I take this bike up north to visit my Baba (grandma) am I gonna have to tell people it's made by "M ZED"?

Thanks all. I've found good stuff on this site in the few days I've been a member and it's appreciated.

Eli

(junkyard of things goes here)
ekirtz

Re: Silver Star center (centre) stand

Postby therealche » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:42 pm

ekirtz wrote: If I take this bike up north to visit my Baba (grandma) am I gonna have to tell people it's made by "M ZED"?
(junkyard of things goes here)

What other way could one possibly pronounce it? ( Said the English man!)
ES250 Doppelport, ES250, ES250/1, ES250/2,ETS 250, ES150, ETS150, BK350, IWL Pitty, SR56 Wiesel, SR59 Berlin, Troll............ and thats just the German two strokes!
http://thecomeconcollection.blogspot.com/
therealche

Postby MZCountryRider » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:42 am

A couple of shots of mine, don't know how much help they'll be.

The rubber bumber on the cross bar of the stand isn't original, I put that there to control how far the stand retracts. The bumper is a Guzzi tank mount rubber.
Charlie
'69 Guzzi Ambassador
'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'72 Benelli 175 Enduro
'73 Guzzi Eldorado
'76 Guzzi I-Convert
'77 Morini 3 1/2 Strada
'81 Ducati 500SL Pantah
'82 Moto Guzzi V50 III
'97 MuZ Skorpion Tour

http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com/
MZCountryRider

Postby mzredstar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Very useful for me been thinking some things wrong with mine as it wears the paint of the frame with the springs :)
Attachments
IMGP5323.JPG
mzredstar

Postby ekirtz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Those pictures ARE helpful! I likes that bumper. I think the Gespann version may be a little different, but it's still useful to see the setup, and I appreciate it!
ekirtz

Postby ekirtz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 pm

In fact, those pictures were extra extra helpful, because they confirm that the previous owner gave me a center stand that has absolutely nothing to do with this bike! I think he got the bike with the stand removed and that's what someone gave HIM. Somewhere, out there......my center stand awaits.....but where???

Eli
ekirtz

Postby MZCountryRider » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:48 am

You might check with this eBay seller: http://stores.ebay.com/mzmiami?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Charlie
'69 Guzzi Ambassador
'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'72 Benelli 175 Enduro
'73 Guzzi Eldorado
'76 Guzzi I-Convert
'77 Morini 3 1/2 Strada
'81 Ducati 500SL Pantah
'82 Moto Guzzi V50 III
'97 MuZ Skorpion Tour

http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com/
MZCountryRider

Postby ekirtz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:38 am

The previous owner had the stand and is sending it to me. In all the excitement of bike buying he gave me one from a different bike. Thanks for the help, all!

AND, let me just say, that Rotax engine is such a horse! Last weekend I rode 200 km in the 90 degree heat (fahrenheit, luckily) with a passenger in the sidecar, up and down hills, living around 5-5.5K RPM, and that motor didn't even hiccup.
ekirtz

Return to 500 cc