Raptor carbs on a MZ660

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Raptor carbs on a MZ660

Postby seattleMZ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Has anyone installed stock Raptor carbs? My 16 year old bike needs some attention this fall. I bored it out to 680 an installed an after market pipe so it's running on the lean side. I want to go though the bike and refresh it before passing it off to my son. I've been riding it to work everyday for the past 3 weeks 60 miles a day lots of shifting. I think it's a great bike for city riding my Aprilia Falco is not.

I would like to also rebuild the front forks or do a swap out for something better.
Re-spoke the wheels with SS spokes.
Replace rusted fasteners with SS ones.
Upgrade front braking system
Replace the instrument console with an after market digital one.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

--Michael
seattleMZ

Re: Raptor carbs on a MZ660

Postby dandywarhol » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:15 pm

I fitted Raptor carbs to my Yamaha SZR660 - pretty straight forward mod using 75mm long pod filters. Send me your email and I'll send pics

Alan
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby edfmaniac » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Stock carbs are silly rich anywhere but idle. So unless you put smaller jets in, it shouldn't be too lean no matter what you do to the intake and/or exhaust unless there is another issue going on. And stock carbs are good for making way more horsepower than any stock engine could ever dream of putting out. My carbs hit the 60hp at the wheel mark in my modified engine and the stock engine is rated for only 48 at the crank on the best of days.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby malachi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:22 am

dandywarhol wrote:I fitted Raptor carbs to my Yamaha SZR660 - pretty straight forward mod using 75mm long pod filters. Send me your email and I'll send pics

Alan

I am thinking off fitting raptor carbs to mine as the stock carbs are well past it. have ordered the carbs if you could post some pics of the conversion that would be great
malachi

Postby dandywarhol » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Return to 660 cc