New(at some point in time)baggy owner

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Acerbis Handguards

Postby DEmark » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Brian,
Where did you get your Acerbis Handguards? Do you have a part number? I did a web search, looks like there are a lot of different handguards. I need a set to complete my urban assault Baghira :D
DEmark

Re: Acerbis Handguards

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:14 am

DEmark wrote:Brian,
Where did you get your Acerbis Handguards? Do you have a part number? I did a web search, looks like there are a lot of different handguards. I need a set to complete my urban assault Baghira :D

http://www.acerbis.com "Rally2" is what they are called. (you'll notice from my picts you will see exposed alluminum bar... thats the dead giveaway)
You will have to cut your levers.... don't forget to use the spacers in the kit !

order direct fron acerbis...... I have their locking gas cap and SM universal front fender..... and prolly get the Cyclops off them as well.
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

handguards

Postby DEmark » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Thanks, but they are all out of Rally 2's in the black and white, also out of the mounting kit. I gotta have B&W, guess I will have to pick some other model. My main concern is crashing and breaking a lever, I'm going to ride this bike to Mexico soon, if I broke a lever down there, I might have a "muy dificil" time finding a replacement. The Rally 2's protect the levers well?
DEmark

Postby phlat65 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:29 pm

yes, they will protect levers well. I have the MSR, they have larger wind deflectors. another good trick for saving levers, wrap the handlebar with teflon tape under the perch, so when it hits the ground, it will spin out of the way instead of breaking! :D

what part of mexico?
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:35 am

If going with Acerbis, only go with the Rally two's they are I think the best they're other guards don't compare... Phlat's are the same as he mentioned but larger deflectors.... b/o's only take a coule weeks.... :wink:
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

mexico

Postby DEmark » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:43 pm

I guess I will hold out for the rally 2's, if I can.

This will be my third trip to Mexico, the first two were on my MZ Skorpion. Seeing as I am going in the summer this time, I'm going to try and stay in the mountains where it is cooler, visit some of the Colonial cities. Saltillo, Zacatecas, Guanaquato, San Miguel, Mexico City, Oaxaca, San Cristobal, then on to Guatemala.

As soon as I figure out how to post some pictures, I will post one of my bike. I got it outfitted with luggage and a real comfortable saddle. Has anyone found a tank bag that works well on the Baghira?
DEmark

Re: Acerbis Handguards

Postby Brian » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:59 pm

Brian wrote:
DEmark wrote:Brian,

http://www.acerbis.com "Rally2" is what they are called. (you'll notice from my picts you will see exposed alluminum bar... thats the dead giveaway)
You will have to cut your levers.... don't forget to use the spacers in the kit !

order direct fron acerbis...... I have their locking gas cap and SM universal front fender..... and prolly get the Cyclops off them as well.

Almost forgot....when you install these little beauty's make sure the levers are centered inside the guards and double check when you turn the bars all the way to the right that the guards don't smack the speedo reset trip knob..... when installed correctly the guards will bump slightly the headlight housing...... :smt064
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Previous

Return to 660 cc