New(at some point in time)baggy owner

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby credit » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:54 pm

brian after I saw your bike I had to check mine was'nt stolen// What eibach springs will they fi tthe reduced height
credit

Postby phlat65 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:34 pm

dream on Brian :twisted:

my buddy Doug from Seattle Cycle wants to go do the cascade highway in 2 or three sundays, are you game? 300+ miles :-D

BTW, theres a new sheriff in town...... :lol:
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:53 am

credit wrote:brian after I saw your bike I had to check mine was'nt stolen// What eibach springs will they fi tthe reduced height

I think the springs are the same..... Phlat will see this and confirm......
Yea the big ride will be great..... Vintage racing is on at Pacific raceways this Sat.... do you wanna go Sean ???
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:01 am

credit wrote:brian after I saw your bike I had to check mine was'nt stolen// What eibach springs will they fi tthe reduced height

I'll post picts in another two weeks when the rest of my mods are done !
I've still got to put on the Diablos, Pro Tapers, Springs, Axel Sliders, blinkers on my Acerbis guards and I think I'm gonna buy a Cylops headlight..... then take all the parts to have painted to match.......
(I've got eberything in a box but the headlight assembly).......
I've been taking my time with my mods,Sean has done alot of mods to his....at this point a bit more than mine, so I like what he's done but at the same time don't want to be a copy cat......
Oh yea.... Eibach spring number is FRSP 3951 50 (.50 KG/MM)
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby FrozenLimey » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:40 pm

BLeuuuurgh. Where did those picts come from, I'm sure they weren't there when I looked before. Nice suggestions Brian and Gaz- I had some acerbis copies from DirtBikeDepot, identical but half the price. Trouble is I've lost the narrow diameter fixy tube bits for renthals. They did save the levers though, so I could ride home. Trouble with them fouling levers, how did you get round that Brian without having a crappy inch of tube sticking out like mine did? :smt017
Gaz, respect. Your wife takes bike catalogues to work. That rocks. How much turmoil is your riding wardrobe :smt120 in, going from tassles and side lace leather trousers to motocross boots? Yup, 400 miles to first service, 4000rpm max. if I remember correctly. Make sure you get the handbook, its all in there.
My Mastiff isn't as tall as the Baggy, 830mm seat height instead of 900mm, but they squash down when you sit on them, and I love tall bikes. Its easier to spot the divvy car drivers about to pull out on you, better views on twisty roads, don't look like a great dane humping a jack russell riding it if you are over 6ft etc
FrozenLimey

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:05 pm

Gaz- I had some acerbis copies from DirtBikeDepot, identical but half the price. Trouble is I've lost the narrow diameter fixy tube bits for renthals.

Its the handguard MFG's who can supply a complete install kit only.... to re attach your handguards......

They did save the levers though, so I could ride home. Trouble with them fouling levers, how did you get round that Brian without having a crappy inch of tube sticking out like mine did?

I took the levers off.... put them one at a time in a vise and cut the round shaped ball off the ends.... right where it flattenes to the lever proper.... I lightly filed the cut and bevelled the edge..... took some enamel black paint in the small glass container (hobby shop is a good place to buy) and lightly brushed on a decent coat covering the exposed alluminum (small artist type brush) or use some of your Black nail polish. :smt044 (sorry I really enjoy razzing you !)

in, going from tassles and side lace leather trousers to motocross boots?

Ahhh Bloody good Sir.....your stylish too :smt112 :smt112 :smt044
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby Brian » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:13 pm

don't look like a great dane humping a jack russell riding it if you are over 6ft etc

Do you mean what I must look like riding my red rocket
or I guess in this case my Jack Russell
Attachments
Pocket Racer.jpg
Pocket Racer.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby 125SMash » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:57 pm

ahh.. what a cute lil munchkin :-D
2002 MZ 125SM
125SMash

Postby phlat65 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:13 pm

hey Brian, you guys "racin" the munchkins :-D tonight???
2001 MZ Black Panther
phlat65

Postby bigzed » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:19 pm

cough,splutter(tassles,side lace jeans) ptoo! ye gods man,denims, docs and alpha ma1 if you don't mind even when i get the baggy i'll be wearing the same,would love decent mx boots but 'cos i've got a fucked rt foot (from writing off the chop) i can't even get me docs on comfortably now :( so big boots are definately out . Well i'm half piston stoned so off to bed for me.later chaps, gaz
bigzed

Postby phlat65 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:40 pm

check out these boots by icon...
Attachments
icon.jpg
icon.jpg (37.85 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
2001 MZ Black Panther
phlat65

Postby FrozenLimey » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:43 am

re Do you mean what I must look like riding my red rocket
Aaaah, sweet. What's it going to be when it grows up? Or is it like a gremlin, and you must NEVER ride it in the rain?
I took the levers off.... put them one at a time in a vise and cut the round shaped ball off the ends.... right where it flattenes to the lever proper etc.
Brian,you are a craftsman. I'm glad I found out lots of you guys are m/c technicians, the standard of spannering on this site is ferocious.
However, your taste in nail polish is quite passe- black is just sooooo last season. :oops:
I hope "razzing" means something else in the US of A, for the Queen's usage c.f. "razz mags": gentlemens reading matter with pics of naked ladies in them (not that I'm suggesting her Imperial Highness has ever looked at a razz mag,ma'am,bow,scrape)
FrozenLimey

Postby FrozenLimey » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:04 am

Gaz, while your paintwork is new and clean, put some acrylic polish on it, like Crystal Glo, because its not that tough without it. First time I filled my new bike up I slopped some petrol and it blistered the paintwork by the tank. It seems to stop it chipping quite so easily.

Have you seen this months Used Bike Guide supplment 10 Superbargains p.10 "Top singles Worth a Spin"- yup our steeds are rated as one of the best kept biking secrets in uk biking. Our residual second hand values have just gone up at least 10% if you advertise in there.

Brian I thought you might like this fellow swigger of the black stuff[/img]
Attachments
icon_drink.gif
icon_drink.gif (4.02 KiB) Viewed 6232 times
FrozenLimey

Postby Brian » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:59 pm

I hope "razzing" means something else in the US of A, for the Queen's usage c.f. "razz mags": gentlemens reading matter with pics of naked ladies in them (not that I'm suggesting her Imperial Highness has ever looked at a razz mag,ma'am,bow,scrape)

Quite right Ol Chap my mistake.... Razz is a term I picked up while living in this great country.... :P Are you sure the women in these mags are ladies.... :roll:
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:08 am

phlat65 wrote:check out these boots by icon...

I didn't like them in picts... but I saw my first pair up in Cycle Barn... they are pretty cool.

Nice ride today.... Thanks for the invite !! Lets get that helmet cam holder, that road would be absolutely perfect to film........ of coarse it would be more spectacular when the corners were drier !!!
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

PreviousNext

Return to 660 cc