Skorp from France , need advices

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Skorp from France , need advices

Postby Paul Split » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:37 am

Hello everyone, :smt006

I'm Paul from the southwest coast of France.
At first sorry for my bad English, I do not practice much, but I understand what I am told ^^

I have a Skorpion Sport with only 15000kms, very very rare bike in France, but the body is in very bad condition, that's why I transform it into a modern radical and light cafe racer, for road use, fun and pleasure .

I have already made good progress, modified the rear frame, the oil tank, the exhaust and silencer line, as well as recovered quite a few parts such as: short single-seat fiber saddle, Dna air filters, Laser GP exhaust, Dynojet stage 3 kit, Lsl clip-on, Daytona speedometer, simple round front headlight with modified Ducati S2r head and support, S1000rr shock absorber, lowered modified front fork, Ducati Brembo rear brake caliper with its master cylinder, caliper new front brake Beringer 6 pistons with its master cylinder bro12, Bridgestone Bt016 tires, small rear lights and indicators ...

BUT NOW THE ETERNAL BIG QUESTION IS: THE WHEELS!

So, I have long browsed the forum (Thank you Google translation!) But I get lost a little ... In France nobody transforms this bike because there is none.
I understood that the best way to lighten up easily is to find a pair of Szr wheels, with the brake discs and the Szr rear caliper plate.
But at the front I want to keep my mechanical speedometer and the MZ fork, so my questions:
What are the modifications to be made, the measures to be taken?

Then for the more experienced like William or other members,
I found a front rim of Tzr250 3MA (inverted cylinders) in 3.00x17 ", is it better and lighter than the rim of Szr? Easier to adapt? Ok for the disc in 320mm?
Should we also take its wheel axle and its mechanical speed?

I ask myself a lot of questions at this level and I do not want to be wrong because it costs quite expensive and hard to find ...

Thank you for reading and helping me :wink:
Paul Split

Return to 660 cc