mastiff fork brace

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

mastiff fork brace

Postby handsomejackuk » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 am

Hi, have managed to secure a mastiff fork brace / lower mudguard support to fit on my baghira, other than looking nice does it actually offer any difference in handling ?

has anyone ever compared it with / without the brace, as its quite thin material i would have thought it doesnt offer a great deal of rigidity, i been thinking of getting a thicker middle plate made, and either sandwiching it together or putting one plate on top and one on bottom.

also has anyone got any suggestion for fork stone guards to use with the mastiff fork brace ?

i currently using these on my baghira and didnt really want to lose thier functionality but if the fork brace is worth fitting i willing to dismiss using fork protectors

I'm a schizophrenic so am I !!!!
handsomejackuk

Re: mastiff fork brace

Postby breakwellmz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 am

Hi.

I wouldn`t call mine a brace but simply a mudguard mount as it`s only 3mm (?) thick and only secured by four M6 bolts.
I`ve had rubber bellows type fork protectors on my Mastiff since new rather than the sort you have there and the fork legs look like new.

Cheers.

PS. This is much more of of a fork brace -
Attachments
s-l1600 (2).jpg
MZ Handguards etc 009 (Small).jpg
breakwellmz

Re: mastiff fork brace

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:57 pm

i like the rubber fork covers.. it is very dusty and dirty where i live in summer
and the forks chrome suffers a lot
i did it to my R90s in 1974 the first week i had it
Dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc