hi-tech polycarbonate headlight-guard

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

hi-tech polycarbonate headlight-guard

Postby cat-tard » Tue May 04, 2004 11:02 am

I dunno if anyone may find this useful or not, but the first "mod" that I did to my Baghira was to address my (perhaps unreasonable) fear of stone-damage to my glass headlight-lens.

photos:

I made a template, and scanned it and converted it into .pdf format so that anyone anywhere can accurately re-produce the same template from any computer/printer. The template is available at

http://www.tearnet.com/fastcat/MZstuff/ ... mplate.pdf

if you right-click on the above link and select "save as" then you can put it on your hard-drive so you can easily make another one if you lose/misplace/otherwise damage the plastic.

OK, so it's not *really* "hi-tech" but I used a piece of a 2-liter soda-bottle to make a cover for my headlight on my 2002 Baghira. I think it looks *much* better than one of those steel-mesh-screen thingies... and I rode around all day yesterday with my high-beam on and did NOT notice any meltage or other heat-induced deformation of the plastic.
cat-tard

Postby phlat65 » Tue May 11, 2004 11:27 pm

nice!!! one thing I started on but never finished ( I completely changed the front end), I made brackets for a BMW 650 wind deflector. It is black, and will blend into the stock headlamp assy pretty well, and add about 8 inches to the height to kick the wind over your helmet. you can try it if you like....

when are we gonna ride??? :-D
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Return to 660 cc