New member!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

New member!

Postby street_moto » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself! A born again biker at the age of 38, I was immediately drawn to the MZ Supermoto, after a brief relationship with an old, but well sorted Suzuki GS550, I managed to pick up a brand new Black Panther last April for a keen price. I'm absolutely delighted with it, fantastic bike, highly underrated! The only alterations made are a locking fuel cap, gold anodised bars and brushguards. On the wish list are a set of fork guards and a new exhaust, so if anyone out there knows, what's best and where I can get hold of 'em at a reasonable price, get in touch!
Regards Dave.
Attachments
Baghira in the sun 006.jpg
Baghira in the sun 006.jpg (124.86 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
street_moto

Postby Fil » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:37 pm

Welcome to another UK member!

Fork guards are available from BSA Regal - about £40 if remember correctly (I assume you want the rigid plastic sliding ones, not the concertina (sp?) type ones you used to see on old MX bikes in the days before USD forks).

As for exhausts, there is a supprisingly wide choice for what is quite a small volume machine (in the UK at any rate). Do a search for 'Exhaust' and see what you come up with.
I have a BSM Future 'e' legal exhaust on mine which I'm pleased with. It's not too loud, sits nicely on the bike, and is way better and lighter than the standard spam tin ;-)
Fil

Postby whysub01 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:23 am

Welcome.

I have the sliding fork protectors-work well, and look fine.

Have a Carbon Can Co twin outlet end can on mine-defineatly made a big difference-looks good, sounds good and makes the engine breathe so much better. Best mod you can do to a Baggi (IMHO)
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Postby street_moto » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:29 am

Thanks for the replys Fil and Whysub01, yeah, would definitely prefer the sliding fork protectors rather than the Wallace and Grommit concertina type :-D Will get in touch with BSA Regal.
On the exhaust side of things, I have already contacted the Carbon Can Company, they do a stainless oval for about £187 all in, but the guy sent a picture of his baggy with the twin outlet carbon for £247 all in........WANT! Looks fantastic, damn shame MZ didn't style the original a little better! While we're on the topic of the end can, I've heard reports that the standard is heavy, doesn't surprise me, what did surprise me is some reporting it weighs about 19kg :shock: surely this is an exageration? Anyrate, think I'll save up some pennies and try and get me one of them thar carbon cans for the Summer :wink: Take it easy peeps, Dave.
street_moto

Postby keithcross » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:56 pm

I have the sliding fork protectors fitted to my baggi and a road legal BSM exhust. Its not as loud or as light as teh carbon can one, but its still better then the standard MZ one.
I have also fitted renthal bars, cheapie hand portectors (more concerned with keeping my hads warm thean style) and a scott oiler.
One thing about the fork gaurds after a few miles (OK OK after 50,000 kms) they are wearing quite a bit, but it does get used in all weathers, on a lot of muddy single track lanes and also for the occasioanl ride out, including a bit of gentle off road riding :)

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby cat » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:32 am

Fil wrote:I have a BSM Future 'e' legal exhaust on mine which I'm pleased with. It's not too loud, sits nicely on the bike, and is way better and lighter than the standard spam tin ;-)

Fil, can't you organise a photo, please? I want to see how nicely it fits. ;-)
cat

Postby keithcross » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 pm

There are pictures on teh BSM website. Cant remember the address, but if you search the web on BSM exhausts you should find it.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Fil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:00 am

[quote="cat]
Fil, can't you organise a photo, please? I want to see how nicely it fits. ;-)[/quote]

Here you go mate!
Attachments
small side on pic 1.jpg
small side on pic 1.jpg (159.2 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
Fil

Postby cat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:55 am

Fil wrote:Here you go mate!

Thanks, Fil! :) It looks pretty much like the M4; maybe fits a but better /higher.
cat

Postby street_moto » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:47 am

That pipe does fit well ;-)
If I had to be picky about the Carbon Can one, it's that it didn't look quite as snug a fit.
Thanks for the photo, regards Dave.
street_moto

Postby Fil » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:13 pm

That's what I like about the BSM 'zorst - it seems to fit a little higher on the bike than some of the others.
I may get it modified to sit at an angle parallel to the back edge of the side panel (if I can find someone locally who can do a good job for a reasonable fee!).
Fil

Return to 660 cc