just finished

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

just finished

Postby roge-a-billy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:37 pm

before and after
Attachments
baggi0.jpg
sucks
baggi0.jpg (25.72 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
baggi2.jpg
baggi2.jpg (109.72 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
baggi1.jpg
better
baggi1.jpg (106.78 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
Up to my knees in gin & hookers
roge-a-billy

Postby keithcross » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:28 pm

Looking good matey. What can is that?
BTW for ride outs etc look at

http://www.solentsupermotos.co.uk

I ride with this group and they are a friendly bunch and some of the ride outs start from the Basingstoke / Reading area. The ride outs have between 4 and 35 supermotos taking part.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby roge-a-billy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:18 pm

From front to rear:-

R1 brake disk, axle crash bungs (solid axle drill & tap to fit) Acerbis supermoto mud guard, Hand guards, in board mounts off E-bay rap round bars by owner, ally moto-X bars, Domino grips, Split fire plug, NGK silicon lead, Both carbs lifted up a notch on the needles and mix screw turned out 7 turns from closed ( still slight popping on over run so really needs a jetting kit :roll: ) adjusted so CV carb opens just after primary carb. Rubber strip top of air box removed, But might put it back to try and richen it back up. Exhaust from box to twin pipes cut and rewelded by owner for a pattern so an adault could then weld it professionally ( http://www.predatormotorsport.co.uk). Carbon Can Co exhaust (came with the bike :-D ). Exhaust bar the can sprayed in BBQ paint (cheeper than exhaust paint just as good) because.... well I like it! White panels done by a local company, not easy so many curves caused white panels to crease alot so he had to get special vinyl in, at no extra cost. Stickers picked up her and there (moto-X and off road show) mainly free. Acerbis rear guard and mini flashers came with bike. Axle crash bungs on rear
Attachments
baggi3.jpg
baggi3.jpg (275.38 KiB) Viewed 4975 times
roge-a-billy

Postby cat » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 pm

It looks good. :D

Next time get the cat in the photo. :wink:

Take a close-up of the disc, please - I wanna see how it's done. The caliper mount looks stock from here - is it a bigger disc?

The Acerbis tail piece works ok, that's quite a good way to solve it.

Where did you get the Domino grips?! :shock: I've just been searching for them - now. I gave up :( ...there's only one place that has them, it seems - carpimoto, but they only come with the throttles - I was about to email them and ask if I could buy just the grips - but now I'm looking at their rear wheel stands. And it looks like they only do UPS, which would cost way too much.

The rubber strip you mention, on top of the air box - d'you mean that strip of car door sealing stuff? I wondered how air was supposed to get in. I drilled holes in mine.

Did you do the sliders yourself? I know phlat mentioned it once, used a drill press, but I want to know how deep and so on.

There's..some..tip about the carbs - I've got it saved, but I think I posted it here - it involves raising one needle and lowering the other. So that might help.

Thanks for the photos. I wouldn't mind some more. :D Get the cat in too, like next to the front wheel..I think it'll match the bike. :lol:
cat

Postby keithcross » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:28 am

Cat

The early Yamaha R1 disc is a straight replacement. I've had one fitted for about 18 months now as the bobbins on the original diac got real loose. It was so bad the disc rattled, with about 1/4 inch of radial play.
I think the disc is the same as the Yamaha Thunderace as well.

Keith
keithcross

Postby cat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:54 am

keithcross wrote:Cat
The early Yamaha R1 disc is a straight replacement. I've had one fitted for about 18 months now as the bobbins on the original diac got real loose. It was so bad the disc rattled, with about 1/4 inch of radial play.
I think the disc is the same as the Yamaha Thunderace as well.
Keith

yeah I read that thread about alternative parts again. Well, that's nice, at least it's not some odd bolt pattern.
What is a bit odd, though, is the size of the disc bolts; the only thing they're like at all is some Ducatis, it seems. M8x15 in the front, and the back ones are M6x16 but they've got flanges, like integrated washers. Most of the others have nice shanks/collars bigger than the thread diameter, and they're mostly much longer. The only other bikes with such short bolts are the mx bikes.

oh, those bobbins...that's why I wouldn't trust those Stealth sprockets, no matter what they say. The last thing you need is bobbin/rivets holding your sprocket together.
cat

Postby keithcross » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:57 am

While that tail end looks good, I dont really want to start hacking off bits of the frame. Now if I could get hold of another sub frame at a low enough price, things might be different. Same applies to the front bars for the headlight and the sides of the fuel tank.
I actually have a similar rea light assembly in my workshop and a sammer acerbis one with an LED rear light.
When modifying a bike I like to be able to have the bits to put it back to standard just in case. Silly I know but thats just me.

Keith
keithcross

Postby cat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:18 am

Yes, me too. I might persuade myself, if I get really tired of trying to do it another way, but...I can always compromise at first and go riding instead of fussing about it. :)
cat

Postby roge-a-billy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:35 am

As Kieth says The front disk was a straight bolt on. I went to the Big UK bike show (N.E.C Birmingham) and asked the EBC brakes stand the cost of wavey R1 disks, 124.00 pounds and he also quoted numbers for a 320mm disk when I said it was for a supamoto. They were very suprised and interested when I said it fitted MZ Baggi's and wrote it down for future ref'. R1 disk is lighter and does give you better brakes, bought of E-bay 11.00 pounds all in.
Domino grips off E-bay from some one braking a CCM Duel sport, some would say the CCM had fell to pieces and he was sell what was left :wink: 5.00 pounds all in
As kieth says I go steady messing with the carbs/ breathing and just start with bits I can replace first eg:- rubber strip lift needles etc, Have now got a 135 main jet which I will be putting in soon.
Axle bungs, I drilled with the axles still on the bike VERY carefully have used long M8 bolts, but drilled the hole deeper than the than the length of the bolts. If there is a bike/floor interface and one brakes off your going to have to drill out remaining bolt to start again.
Tail piece came with bike as I said and sub frame has not beeen cut in anyway will check on make fair sure it was acerbis but will have a look some time
Cat standard Tabby female unmodified, but like Baggi a bit over weight
Kieth I am aware of Southern S/M at Bordon etc, problem is I also Mechanic/ sometimes race Bangers at Fleet Hants. Mrs Billy not so happy If I'm out ALL the time :(
roge-a-billy

Postby cat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:03 am

Well it must be getting warmer, if the cat goes and sits on that cold concrete, or was that just while you were there. Or you removed it from the bike before you took the photos. :-)
Last I heard it got bloody cold again.

11 pounds, that's..lucky! wavey discs, if you know someone with a laser cutter... it'd still cost more than 11 pounds that's for sure.
And lighter, :wink: I must look out for a crashed R1 ...but they'd want more like 100 pounds here I bet.

I like those grips. There're some nice yellow and black ones but it's a German site and they also only ship DHL and I'm not paying e13 for the grips and then double that again for the shipping. The guy at Carpimoto said they don't sell the grips without the throttles because it takes months to get them and they like Ariete grips, which are supposed to be the hottest thing for sportbikes.

The carbs... find the msg where I posted that guy's tips. It seems quite genuine. I'll find it.

M8 ... you must have drilled 7mm holes then? ...or 6.5. I forget how it works. There's a nice [and expensive] system where the bungs fit over alloy pieces, fastened with a set screw, so you replace - hopefully - only the bungs and it's easier to get them off than with a bent rod.

Rear mudguard.. if it's not Acerbis it might be UFO.
Attachments
Domino Griffgummis mehrfarbig - YELLOW.jpg
Domino Griffgummis mehrfarbig - YELLOW.jpg (26.97 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
cat

Postby cat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:11 am

Here's that carb tips / the needle positions (I hadn't posted it, so I added it to the end of that thread now.):

http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?p=7474#7474
cat

Postby cat » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:20 am

Ariete grips, supposedly the hot thing,, well, they're ridiculous, I wouldn't have them if you paid me. They've got ones with leopard skin print and ones with cows and flowers and stuff sticking out the ends.

http://ariete.eroom.it/products/display_unit.html
cat

Postby keithcross » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:20 am

Roge a billy

Let me know when you are racing next, might pop in for a visit. Fleet is only about 20 miles from me :)

Keith
keithcross

Postby Scheffi » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:03 pm

Yeah... nice bike!! :-)

When I was 18 I used to love doing things like this, but now I have no time and no desire.... I prefer riding my bikes.

Perhaps I don't have to impress the young girls any more!? :lol:

Joerg
Scheffi

Postby roge-a-billy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:07 pm

I havn't got wavey disk on the front,as you can see the guy who i got the disk off had both front disks on different auctions trying to make more money. Probably not happy when he only sold one :lol:
My Grips are like that but black and gray . Didn't want to get new ones because I knew i was going to cut up the ends to fit hand guards, being able to lock wire them on is good though.
Did drill 7mm holes for the bungs and it might well be a UFO rear end.
Interesting link on the carbs there and will look into it still fancy fitting a 135 main jet just to put more fuel in there in the first place
Next meeting at Fleet is 19 march I will be mechanic as i don't race much any more will hope to a) be there b) ride down there, may do an all jap car on 2 July as all i used to race were jap cars
Attachments
160b 2.jpg
160b 2.jpg (195.29 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
roge-a-billy

Next

Return to 660 cc