new front and rear

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

new front and rear

Postby bry_d » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:40 am

hi folks i've just had the bike out to give it a bit of a service and clean ready for summer, even though its snowing in edinburgh at the moment but it should warm up soon and thought i'd take a few pics to see what you guys think to the alterations i've done to the front and back . i've fitted a set of led lights and indicators at the back these are fitted to a new bracket that required the sub frame to be cut back a bit and the original light bracket and mud guard removed . the light unit has brake light and normal light and number plate light so it passed a uk mot no problems as did the indicators . the whole unit wired up no problems even with my limited experience of auto electrics. also removed were the pillion pegs and grab rails . the front end has had the clocks, headlight, indicators ,and the metal tubeing around the lights removed and the side plastics cut shorter at the front. then the light unit you see was fitted with a new set of smaller indicators at both sides of the headlight this again was pretty easy to fit and wire up . the bike now has a digital bike speedo which works fine . i also fitted a set of mz fork protectors and a different front mud guard and some new handlebars with hand guards . next project will be more power so and advice is more than welcome
Attachments
mz5.JPG
mz5.JPG (38.51 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
mz3.JPG
mz3.JPG (83.45 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
mz1.JPG
mz1.JPG (31.5 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
bry_d

some more pics

Postby bry_d » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:51 am

a few more
Attachments
mz6.JPG
mz6.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
mz4.JPG
mz4.JPG (43.57 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
mz2.JPG
mz2.JPG (44.83 KiB) Viewed 2814 times
bry_d

Postby keithcross » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 am

Looking good.
Which digital speedo have you used. I have tried 2 types

Trailtec No back light and some of the numbers are difficult to read
ACE 3100. All figures bigger and easier to read. Built in rev counter. Slight gripe is that you cant display the sedo reading and the clock at the same time.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby phlat65 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:30 am

very nice!!! I really like the tail lights :D
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

nice

Postby cheesy75 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:46 pm

yes i like!!! i also cut the front bodywork back a big improvement i think
Attachments
P8210003.JPG
P8210003.JPG (401.62 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
cheesy75

Re: new front and rear

Postby cat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 pm

Good! :D Thanks for showing us.

That exhaust - that short can...it seems to fit better than anything else - what is it???? The photo from the back shows it. I want something that fits up into the sidecover properly like that.
cat

stuff

Postby bry_d » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:57 pm

hi folks
the cycle computer i've got fitted is just a cheap one that i am using untill i can afford a good un, its quite a basic one with no backlights but its fine for now as i don't do much riding at night . infact i was actually thinking of junking all the lights and puting it through a daytime only mot but changed my mind . The exhaust that is fitted to it used to be a vampire can i'm not sure who makes it as it was on the bike when i got it . it used to be about 8 inches longer that it is at the moment . the reason for cutting it shorter was that is has a big dent in it from when i crashed the bike into a taxi at about 40 odd mph and the bike was a bit smashed up ,but amazingly still ridable those germans sure know how to build a solid bike and i managed to limp it home 10 miles with bent bars and a foot peg ripped off and a load of broken plactics and a foot broken in 4 places. still it only cost me about £300 in parts to get it back on the road which is pretty cheap considering it was quite a spectacular crash . only thing with cutting the can shorter is that it is now plenty loud but i've not been stopped by the police yet and i've drove past plenty and they've not bothered yet.
Attachments
mz 009.jpg
mz 009.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
bry_d

Return to 660 cc