Mastiff sprockets needed in a hurry.........

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Mastiff sprockets needed in a hurry.........

Postby andyw » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Impatient to get some miles on the new bike.........spent half the day making phone calls trying to get hold of sprockets (2002 Mastiff) - intending to go for the slight gearing change (F) 14T (R) 45T

Anyone know who might have the following sprockets in stock for next day delivery to me?

JT Sprockets: JTF577-14 & JTR857-45

Thanks
Andy
2005 R1200GS - 2002 MZ Mastiff: No more :-(

http://www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
andyw

Postby phlat65 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm

sorry, can't help you there, from what I understand, AFAM will sell you a complete chain sprocket set in whatever gearing you want, so you might want to try them out....
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Re: Mastiff sprockets needed in a hurry.........

Postby cat » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:05 am

andyw wrote:Anyone know who might have the following sprockets in stock for next day delivery to me?
JT Sprockets: JTF577-14 & JTR857-45

google. you can only search and call them or email them to see check if they have stock - if their shop software doesn't show it. I tried denniskirk - JTR857-47, even gave them what their part number would be, because they had 4 different / other sizes (for XT600 - same thing) and they said they "don't sell them". I thought they'd just be able to order it, seeing that they already stocked JT sprockets. I'll have a look what URLs I've saved, and post if I find anything.

PS: Other than that, denniskirk is always great. Their system works, they always respond to email, they deal with it when something doesn't arrive - although no fault of theirs, the sales people get information from the tech service guys for you; it all works. And their catalog is huge.

I think we should have a Vendors forum here like advrider does, so we can post information about vendors; how they respond, what the service is like and so on.
cat

Postby keithcross » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:51 am

Try contacting BSA Regal in Southampton. When I order bits from them they normally arrive the next day provided you place your order before 1pm. Dont know if they have the sprolet sizes you want, but they do stock standard MZ parts.
For info the sprockets are teh same as the Yamaha XTZ660

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby andyw » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:38 am

keithcross wrote:Try contacting BSA Regal in Southampton. When I order bits from them they normally arrive the next day provided you place your order before 1pm. Dont know if they have the sprolet sizes you want, but they do stock standard MZ parts.
For info the sprockets are teh same as the Yamaha XTZ660

Keith

BSA Regal to the rescue :D .............genuine MZ parts much more expensive than the JTS alternatives but Phil had them in stock and they're in the post to me.
Thanks again everyone.

Out of curiosity what gearing ratios (sprocket combos) has everyone gone for when replacing sprockets?
2005 R1200GS - 2002 MZ Mastiff: No more :-(

http://www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
andyw

Return to 660 cc