Mz tour water in oil.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Mz tour water in oil.

Postby Higgo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:36 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post. I've recently purchased a scorpion tour for not much money as a project, I droped the oil last night well I say oil it looked more like mayonnaise. Whete would your first port of call be ? Water pump , head gasket or both. Just want to hear it running, or should I just bite the bullit and tear it down. Your thoughts please.
Higgo

Re: Mz tour water in oil.

Postby breakwellmz » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:27 pm

It could be emulsified due to not getting hot enough from only doing short runs. What has stopped you from running it?
The second next easiest thing is replacing the water pump seal.
breakwellmz

Postby Higgo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:08 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, the project moved on last night as I removed the water pump which had what can only be described as jellyfied oil and the radiator brown water with the same lumps of oil. Removed oil filter and clutch cover and mayonnaise everywhere. Looks like I have answered my own question. Who would you recommend for a full gasket set and any parts I should need. Thanks Philip.
Higgo

Postby breakwellmz » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:35 am

Hi.
Messy! That could still just be down to a simple (and cheap) water pump seal, rather than something deeper like a head gasket, which is pretty unusual.
Personally. I would flush/clean it all out, fit new pump seals and oil filter, fill with cheap oil, and run it. Get it good and hot, and check/maybe change oil again.
They are all standard Yamaha parts, no need to look for MZ specifically.
Good luck.
breakwellmz

Postby DII » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:40 am

Often it's the ceramic seal that's leaking even if you can't se any damage on it with your eyes.
I hade the same problem with water in the oil on my Mastiff but without the "mayonnaise"
When you changed it. Open the radiator cap and look for bubbles when the engine is running. Just in case so you know the head gasket is okay.
DII

Postby Higgo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:51 am

Thanks for the info chaps, will stick a new water pump on it and do as you say. Thanks again.
Higgo

Postby breakwellmz » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:14 am

Hope it goes well and please keep us updated.

Cheers.
breakwellmz

Postby burudi » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Water in the oil is due to faulty head gasket.
burudi

Return to 660 cc