Fitting a TM34-B65 carb to my Skorpion

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Fitting a TM34-B65 carb to my Skorpion

Postby serow6 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm working on a track day build of a MZ Skorpion 660. It's getting harder to located these parts everyday. While I was searching for my own TM34-B65 kit, I discovered that a shop in Abilene Kansas called The Vintage Spoke. They had a working link on their website https://www.thevintagespoke.com/shop//Z ... -30230.htm just to confirmed I gave them a call. Chad worked with me over the phone and had no issues ordering this setup. If all goes well, I should have this the SRX600 version of this kit which is referenced here on Kedo's website https://www.kedo.com/products/30230.html

I tried to support local shops and considering this is the carb setup recommended by Bill Jurgenson, I went ahead and picked up the set. Hopefully this will be a plug and play install and I can start tweaking this setup for high performance as many on this site have referenced.

Fingers crossed :D
serow6

Re: Fitting a TM34-B65 carb to my Skorpion

Postby Retired1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Hello! I too have ordered and received the TM34-65 carb kit and am fitting it to a Skorpion. I have rotated the cable bracket and repositioned the cable drum. On the drum I used a pair of setscrews drilled and tapped into the holes for the roll pin. I used 8-32 setscrews and dimpled the throttle shaft where they contact the shaft so the likelihood of slippage is reduced. It only has to deal with the slides as the drum movement is limited by hard stops [throttle screw and opener stop.] so cables pulling on it won't stressing the join to the shaft. My big question to those who have done the conversion is, what is a good baseline jetting setup? I've installed a 102mm CP piston 11:1 C/R and a Dominator can and have been running it with a modified DB killer installed [I closed up the open end and drilled holes in the sides of it to kill some of the bark, it worked!] Am using the big K&Nfilters too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I also adapted some early style SV 650 wheels to it too. Was fairly easy but it did require a lathe to turn down the front axle diameter and make a bunch of spacers along with fabbing a rear caliper carrier. I used the stock SV sprocket carrier and rear rotor and it lined up without machining it or the wheel. I made the caliper mount out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum copying the MZ part with an axle spacer on each side and had to double the thickness at the front to engage the tab on the swing arm. Had a friend weld the double piece on it. With the spacers it's a bit fiddly to put in so it's not a racetrack quick change operation! Next time I have it apart I'll measure the bushings etc. and post the specs.

Bill
Retired1

Previous

Return to 660 cc