Cosmetic mods

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Cosmetic mods

Postby RiverDrive » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:44 am

Has any one fitted smaller indicators on a sport. I was also thinking about shortening the unit that license holds the plate. Has any one tried this?
01 Sport Cup Gone Sport
RiverDrive

Postby Whysub » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:17 pm

I have smaller front indicators on my Sport (Motrax ones, a tenner a pair), as the small one's it did have on it changed the flash rate, and to be hones, looked awful.

Not altered the rear end, but don't think it looks too bad as standard.

Now the Baghira, that's a different matter (although I still have not sorted mine)........
Moto Guzzi V1200 Sport
Honda CBR600 F-V
Suzuki SV650S -Y
Yamaha Vity
Suzuki Hokuto
Whysub

Postby F0ul_Oli » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:26 am

I need to shorten the licience holder back end piece on my Baghira - what is the best piece of kit for this?

I put my new exhaust on over the weekend and went for a bit of a blast - 100 miles later, my number plate has melted!!

I have seen both the plastic rear ends and some nice metal ones with built in indicators, are these generally a universal fit, or is it a case of drilling to make it fit?

F0ul
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby gedge » Sat May 07, 2005 4:55 am

I fitted a UFO universal job and it does the job nicely.. the indicators are still in the line of fire but the number plate is now well out of the way... A quick mod lets you fit a Motrax LED light instead of the awful satbndard baggy one or the just as bad one that came with the UFO kit..
gedge

Postby Whysub » Sat May 07, 2005 2:04 pm

F0ul_Oli wrote:......... 100 miles later, my number plate has melted!
F0ul

Snap! mine did the same. I have an Acerbis unit that needs two holes drilling to fit it (after removing the standard one, of course). The indicators are then attached to the "web" at the back of the subframe.

It is to my eternal shame that I have had this part (£26 from Jack Nice, London) for nearly a year, and haven't been bothered to drill four holes and remove a few bolts.

What hope is there for my new project?
Moto Guzzi V1200 Sport
Honda CBR600 F-V
Suzuki SV650S -Y
Yamaha Vity
Suzuki Hokuto
Whysub

Return to 660 cc