MuZ ManX project

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: MuZ ManX project

Postby edfmaniac » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm

I should mention that I use a LiFePO4 Shorai battery and cold starting becomes difficult below approximately 60 degrees F. It will start, but I have to pull a load on the battery a few times to get it's internal temperature high enough to provide the amps required to turn the engine over fast enough to fire. Once everything is warmed up, or if the ambient temp is high enough, starting is no problem. I used the same battery that goes in the KTM 690, which suffers from the same problem in colder temps, but Shorai recommends the next larger model if you consult their website in regards to our motor(Raptor 660).

I wanted to delete the cross member just to lose more weight, but I'm scared. :lol:
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Re: MuZ ManX project

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:00 pm

my basic comment on batteries is " i have never seem a bike that did not need a bigger battery
or a bigger battery box ...or BOTH"
dave
PS never add any thing to the system that you do not need that uses more electric
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Re: My new to me MuZ ManX

Postby dandywarhol » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Hajok wrote:My blog Muz Manx is now in english... at least the most recent posts are. I'm translating older posts as well, but it takes time.

So, from now on it is more than just pictures... and hopefully it is interesting to read as well

Thank you for the translation service - inspirational stuff and giving me plenty of ideas 8)
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Previous

Return to 660 cc