Help! Bristol and a new pipe for a Mastiff

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Help! Bristol and a new pipe for a Mastiff

Postby Peter B » Mon May 23, 2005 5:24 am

Hi

New to the forum. Couple of questions, one for UK members, the other more general:

1. First of all I'm moving from London to Bristol and I wondered if any members knew of any dealers in the South West who will be able to service my 2001 Mastiff. I love it, but from various web searches it looks as if the nearest dealers are in Taunton or South Wales, which is a bit of a trek.

2. I want to fit an after market pipe to my Mastiff, but not break the bank! Any tips on which exhaust to get, and where I could get a bargain?

Many thanks

Pete
Peter B

Postby F0ul_Oli » Mon May 23, 2005 9:23 am

Hello!

If your looking for servicing in general, then your bet bet is just a Yamaha dealer. Your bike is out of warranty so it doesnt need to be an mz dealer and it is a yamaha engine!

As for your exhaust, breaking the bank is a huge problem as they are quite rare 2nd hand. I was lucky, I managed to find an adaptor pipe on ebay and used an end pipe for a fireblade which cost me £30!

Have a look for exhausts for various 660 engined bikes and see if you could adapt the final bend to fit - e.g an XTZ or a SZR.

Hope this helps
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby Randew2U » Tue May 24, 2005 6:07 am

Please post pics and tell us more about the adapter pipe. Im waiting on a good economical solution fo bolt on an aftermarket exhaust. Thanks
Randew2U

Postby keithcross » Tue May 24, 2005 3:20 pm

Its a BSM link pipe that can be purchased seeratly fromDave Silver spares in the UK. Number is 01728 833020. The muffler connectons are the 3 bolt type with the same fixing hole pattern as some blades and I think some Suzuki's.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Return to 660 cc