New Skorpion Rider

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

New Skorpion Rider

Postby dnevill » Thu May 26, 2005 4:17 am

I'm sure you've seen posts like these before...

My name's Delvan, and I just picked up a new 2001 Skorpion Tour just last Thursday. For the last couple months I've been riding around a 125cc chinese knockoff of a Honda scooter ("Motor Feiying"/Xtreme Destin), but I got tired of all the mechanical problems and the 40mph top speed...I just couldn't keep up with traffic and it wasn't a whole lot of fun to ride.

This Skorpion Tour will be my first "real" bike. As the manual I received with the bike is entirely in German and what looks like Spanish, and this is my first bike, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to normal maintenance and basic troubleshooting. I had the bike die just two days after I got it from the dealer, and it only turned out to be a blown 15 amp fuse that was causing the problem.

It's still under warranty, but the turnaround time at the dealer is pretty long and I'd rather not wait for repairs if this new problem is something I can fix myself. Since I got it back from the dealer yesterday, I've been having engine stalls when coming to a stop after travelling at higher speeds (~50mph or higher). After it stalls, it doesn't start up very easily at all, but if I adjust the choke before trying to restart it, it'll start back up in a flash. The engine runs fine at idle, it only seems to be a problem when coming to a stop. The first time it happened I thought it might be low on fuel, so I set the fuel petcock to reserve, but the problem is still occuring and based on the mileage there should be a good 3 gallons left in the tank. If this were a car, I'd assume it was a leak in the vacuum line near the brake booster, but I don't have much of a clue when it comes to bikes and the german manual + Babelfish hasn't been very effective.

Any ideas?
dnevill

Postby amon goeth » Thu May 26, 2005 4:33 am

owh d ... poor you .. :cry: i wish i could help ... dont worry .. i'll try my other connection to check it out .... cheer mate ! :D
quench my thirst with gasoline !
amon goeth

Return to 660 cc