Some performance changes to my Skorpion Toour

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Some performance changes to my Skorpion Toour

Postby Chayanne » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Actually my Bike (Skorpion Tour 2002 is stock. I'm thinking to make some changes to improv the performance in high range.

I need to know if you have experince in that to provide me information...
Please if you know about this matter I will appeciate your help...

I'm going to put a new pipe, a Dynojet, a K&N fillter (directly to the carburators) and posible change the teeth quantity in the sprokets (actually the rear have 39 teeth and the front sproket have 15 teeth.

Some people tell me that is best add one teeth the small sprocket and two teeth less in the big sprocket to improve in the long range... This is real ?

I need to know what size an shape of K&N flters can i put in the space available in this bike (one in each TK carb)... you have info of that ?

Thanks

[/img]
Attachments
DSC00026.JPG
My Bike
DSC00026.JPG (148.67 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
DSC00022.JPG
The Lion and the Bike
DSC00022.JPG (147.39 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
DSC00047.JPG
This Is Joey my Lion...
DSC00047.JPG (158.32 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
Chayanne
Chayanne

Re: Some performance changes to my Skorpion Toour

Postby jbthumper » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:35 pm

Chayanne wrote:
Some people tell me that is best add one teeth the small sprocket and two teeth less in the big sprocket to improve in the long range... This is real ?

I can only help you with this..
answer:yup....but you'll lose pick-up power....but get a slightly better fuel mileage
:smt033
jbthumper

What's pick up power means...?

Postby Chayanne » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:22 pm

What's pick up power means...?

Thanks
Chayanne
Chayanne

Postby jbthumper » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:56 pm

excuse my language.... it's torque....
:smt033
jbthumper

Re: Some performance changes to my Skorpion Toour

Postby dnevill » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:42 am

Chayanne wrote:Actually my Bike (Skorpion Tour 2002 is stock. I'm thinking to make some changes to improv the performance in high range.

Hope you're enjoying it! I just got a 2001 Tour that had been at the dealership from then until now. Outside of laying it down when I hit a pile of gravel some dumptruck has spilled on the road and burning my leg (Ouch!) I've definitely enjoyed mine. From the looks of things other than an extended mudflap on mine we're both driving pretty much identical bikes.

Chayanne wrote:a K&N fillter (directly to the carburators)

I haven't started pulling things too much apart, but I see nothing in the manual about changing the air filter (granted I'm workig off the german version). I see no direct path to get to the airbox under the seat. Do I need to take out the battery, or the gas tank, or am I missing something?
dnevill

Return to 660 cc