help me improve on perfection

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby Brian » Mon May 17, 2004 1:15 pm

RichBeBe wrote:I worked for a dragbike shop and we used to convert all of the spoke rimmed to tubeless. I think it was just done with silicone and patience. But if anyone wants to know how to do it I can ask one of my friends who used to work there.

one problem.... When you run tire pressure around 20 or less there might be a problem with the tire puking all the air out when at extreme angles... mostly track stuff..... right ??? I'm mid 20's and would worry for street use... I'm with Phlat........
"Brian" 2003 MZ Baghira
Brian

Postby mham001 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:50 pm

RichBeBe wrote:I worked for a dragbike shop and we used to convert all of the spoke rimmed to tubeless. I think it was just done with silicone and patience. But if anyone wants to know how to do it I can ask one of my friends who used to work there.

I did this about 7,000 miles ago and wouldn't have it any other way. A good tire guy won't install tubes in the tires we want to run (I like Sportecs, good value). Liability, heat and other things I can't remember.

Here's the scoop.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MZOG/message/969

Since then I did the front. I had to do it twice, it is important to get the rim spotless with solvent. Be sure to use High-temp sealer (black). Total cost was $18.
mham001

Postby keithcross » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:45 pm

or a real sticky tyre try Avon Pro Extreme Rain Tyres (AV49/50). I think the range is distributed via Cooper tires in the US. Just got a set in the UK for £134 plus £15 postage.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Previous

Return to 660 cc