Skorpion mags on a Baghira!

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Skorpion mags on a Baghira!

Postby DEmark » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:01 pm

I finally got my Skorpion wheels on my Baghira.
I want to thank Don Paarman from Mid America Powersports for persevering and getting me the parts to make the front wheel fit. I didn't have to fabricate anything, it was a bolt up propostion once you get the proper parts from MZ. I also want to thank that fellow from Brussells who posted some close up pics of the front wheel of his Mastiff. I was able to indentify the Brembo caliper I needed from the pictures and picked one up on Ebay for $40. Don was also able to see from the pictures that the caliper bracket that they sent from Germany was wrong before it got to me. The rear wheel I fit up myself, it was a lot of work, I retrospect, I probably should have just bought the parts from MZ.

The wheels are a lot heavier than the spoke wheels. But they are stronger and I can run tubeless tires. The larger Skorpion disc and the Brembo calipers stop the bike MUCH better the the stock front brake (not that it didn't work well). I bought the shorter Mastiff kickstand, but don't need it, the longer Enduro kickstand works. I still have a few issues to sort out, mainly the speedo. I have a Skorpion speedo tach assy that I might try installing.

And if I want to ride in the woods, I can pull it in the garage and change to a 18 x 21 combo with knobbies in less than a hour...
Attachments
baghira w mags 003.jpg
baghira w mags 003.jpg (59.93 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
baghira w mags 002.jpg
baghira w mags 002.jpg (60.89 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
baghira w mags 001.jpg
baghira w mags 001.jpg (60.24 KiB) Viewed 3557 times
DEmark

Postby skyfroggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:49 am

Looks good for what you're trying to attain.

Hey, what kind of luggage rack are you using?

And what's with the chunky butt saddle? :-D
skyfroggy

Postby DEmark » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:16 am

Those are Touratech racks and a Russell Day Long saddle. I can sit on that saddle for 12 hours a day and not get beat up, how long can you sit on yours?? :wink:
DEmark

Postby skyfroggy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:54 pm

:oops:
skyfroggy

Postby Martin » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Looks delicious... would you please share with us the secret details of the mighty Brembo setup? 'Cause that's what I am after... :roll: Thx.
"Reality means nothing to me"
Martin

Postby DEmark » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:58 pm

This is the picture Pieter posted that helped me
You can find these calipers on ebay. I already had the wheel. The rest I bought from Mid America Powersports, the critical piece is the caliper bracket, it would be hard to make. There are two bushings to buy, you can use the stock brake hose and master cylinder. I might just run a bicycle type speedo. Call Don, he knows what to get....
Attachments
mastiff_02.jpg
mastiff_02.jpg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
DEmark

Postby Martin » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 pm

Thank You. I spoke to Don, he was very helpful.
"Reality means nothing to me"
Martin

Return to 660 cc