Baghira seat mounting

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira seat mounting

Postby HestonsRightNut » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi all,

I recently picked-up a 2001 Baghira and am having trouble locating some of the seat mounting hardware.

The folks at Grahams Motorcycles (Taunton) are out-of-stock and I may have to resort to fabricating something up.

Could someone share pics and/or ideas on alternatives for items 5, 6, and 7 in the below image?

Seat.jpg
Seat.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 2719 times

Thanks in advance for the assist

Jay
HestonsRightNut

Re: Baghira seat mounting

Postby dicgleason » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Let me get this right, #5 is the sleeve through the seat, #6 and 7 are the washer and spacer to hold the sleeve in the seat. Are these the parts you need? A proper diameter piece of stainless steel or copper tubing cut and flared while installed in the seat should fix the problem. If its # 26&27, The seat "bolt" I found them on the wall at my local Japanese motorcycle dealership among all the other fasteners.
Good luck and enjoy the bike.
dicgleason

Location: Beautiful, Downtown Queen Anne, MD. "The town so great one county couldn't hold it."

Postby den » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:09 pm

looks to me like 5/6/7 are ghost images,,looks like there the parts that fit in the tank,,items 27 and 26 are the only seat fasteners needed,or should you have posted a photo of the tank??,,have you no tank , are the gromets buggered or missing,
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Postby HestonsRightNut » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:58 am

dicgleason wrote:Let me get this right, #5 is the sleeve through the seat, #6 and 7 are the washer and spacer to hold the sleeve in the seat. Are these the parts you need? A proper diameter piece of stainless steel or copper tubing cut and flared while installed in the seat should fix the problem. If its # 26&27, The seat "bolt" I found them on the wall at my local Japanese motorcycle dealership among all the other fasteners.
Good luck and enjoy the bike.

Yep, these are the spacers that appear to go through the seat (I've already bought a set of replacement dzus fasteners). I'm going to first try this sleeve washer (http://www.mcmaster.com/#93762a200/=zgi35f) and a spacer. Failing that, I'll go with the flared tubing suggestion.

Thanks much for the reply!

Jay
HestonsRightNut

Return to 660 cc