Off The Road Vergaserkitt Instructions in English

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Off The Road Vergaserkitt Instructions in English

Postby dandywarhol » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Cheers for that
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Postby handsomejackuk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:28 pm

why does my engine cut out if I really quickly open the throttle when not in gear... it doesnt happen when its in gear and i pull away, i have sort of got used to it but its still annoying... ?
I'm a schizophrenic so am I !!!!
handsomejackuk

Postby edfmaniac » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Probably a jetting issue in the round slide carb in combination with the design. The CV side(right side carb) is self regulating so as long as it's put together right, it won't open any further than what the engine is asking for, even after you've opened the throttle all the way. The round slide, when opened really fast, causes the mixture to go south for a split second because there is no throttle activated pumper like on high performance carbs and you've just introduced a ton of air, not giving the jets enough time to catch up. When the bike is in gear, the engine can't rev quick enough to notice the split second change in mixture. Solution? Maybe tweak the jets a little to make the response better, or don't open the throttle really quickly without the bike in gear. LOL Just roll on it.

From what I've been told, even high performance flat slided pumpers don't like to be slammed open when you want full throttle. You need to roll on quickly with finesse but not get too far ahead of the rpms for perfect performance.

Bikes with all CV carbs, or fuel injection, are friendlier towards being hammered on.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby dandywarhol » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 am

Sounds about right - my twin Raptor carb setup weas fsr more responsive and with a quick action throttle, wouldn't bog down on the manual carb
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Previous

Return to 660 cc