Air box mods and jetting query for Skorpion Sport

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Air box mods and jetting query for Skorpion Sport

Postby Captain Vimes » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:22 am

Hi all, I'm new here.

I know most of you ride baggies, but are the mods I have found by doing a search (drilliing holes and fitting a race can) equally applicable to the Skorpion models?

I have a Renegade race can to fit and would like to free up the air going in as well as coming out! Would the bike need re-jetting too and if so is a stage two Dynojet the only option? It's the only one I can find.

I've just done my first trackday on my totally standard Sport and need more omph!

Cheers

Vimes
The road goes ever on and on...........
Captain Vimes

Postby phlat65 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:35 pm

this is the best carb mod explination yet on this board. posted by OLDBOYONRGV:

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
carb modifications. The mixture screw gets backed out(holeshot performance recommends 7 1/2 turns out from lightly seated),the main jet isn't adjustable, you replace the 130 main jet from the left side (as you're sitting on the bike)carb with a Kehin 135 and screw it in all the way tight. The midrange jet needles (both sides) get raised 1 notch, (this means the cirlip goes in the second groove from the pointy end) cut 2 coils from the constant velocity slide spring (right side)and re-install cut side down. Be sure to line up the diapraghm correctly, there is a little tab on the edge of it that fits into a recess cast into the top of the carb. At low altitude (below 5000 feet), you can drill the right carb's main jet with a #51 drill bit, just twist it between your fingers, no need for the drill press and re-install with a new P/N 90-20.142 crush washer. For around town riding this last step isn't really nessesary, you'll foul plugs more often and you should definatly keep a stock main jet (P/N 90-20.146) handy if you plan on doing any riding up in the mountains. The sync screw on top of the carb bank controlls the point after the low speed carb carb starts opening that the high speed carb begins to open, crank it in a turn or two so that as you twist the grip, you'll feel the freeplay take up, then the low speed carb start to open, then the added resistance of the high speed carb opening. You want the high speed carb to open just after the low speed opens, without as much of a delay as with the stock setting. This obviously needs to be set with the carbs reinstalled on the bike before the gas tank is replaced. Lastly, if yor bike is a Skorpion (Sport, Traveller, Replica Etc., not a Mastiff, Black Panther Etc.) Remove the black rubber snorkel from the top of the airbox. Of course, all these modifications are recommended for closed course, racetrack use only. Wink.

my brother is in Leicester city! and he rides too...
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Return to 660 cc