FYI - Luggage rack

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

FYI - Luggage rack

Postby skyfroggy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:06 am

I just installed my new Hepco & Becker luggage rack/top box holder on the Baghira. Perfect fit. I mean perfect. I've never purchased another aftermarket accessory that fit so well.

I'll happily buy from them again.

Here's where I got it...thanks to someone who posted a link to it some time ago.
skyfroggy

Nice Rack!

Postby RR » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:02 pm

I like that HB rear rack, may have to get one.

I'd really like a rack for saddle bags, but haven't had any luck finding one. TwistedThrottle.com shows a SW rack on its site, but advise that it is not available. Touratech also indicates sideracks for sale, but they are $300+ and special order. Sometimes it's hard being MZ.

Thanks for the recommendation.

RR
RR

Postby skyfroggy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:08 am

The Eurotech representative with whom I spoke said that Hepco & Becker just created a prototype example of a hard saddlebag luggage system for the Baghira, but they didn't have pricing specs at this time. If they fit anything like the rear rack I just installed, then installation should be simple as cake. :-D

I suggest calling Eurotech...you might be surprised and get lucky enough to be one of the first. :wink:
skyfroggy

Postby Randew2U » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 pm

I have recently put on a Hepco Becker, oedered from Eurotech and like it quite much. Instead of using the supplied bolts inthe back, I used stainless steel eye bolts that give a good bungie attachment point.
Randew2U

Postby skyfroggy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:59 am

That's a good idea.

You can purchase a top box real cheap from JC Whitney...fits wonderfully with my Hepco & Becker rear rack...and it's lockable...very versatile...I use it for light traveling (while bikeless) also.

Link

:)
skyfroggy

Postby fast_ed_68 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:04 pm

OK that one looks quite good.
Has anyone bought the genuine MX one?
Part No is: 3638268695
Got a photo of it anyone?
668 - The neighbour of the beast
fast_ed_68

Return to 660 cc